Descisions

It was strange to have all eyes on her, she didn't like how bright it was here. How they looked at her like she were a precious and fragile thing.
"My dear-" Ablus peered curiously at her through his spectacles.
"Are you daddy's friends?" The young girl shrank back trying to hide against the thin hospital wing grade pillows. She was scared of daddy, not that they knew who this "daddy" was yet.
"Do you know your name child? So we can find your daddy for you?" Albus smiled kindly to her, sitting down in a low chair to meet her eyes.
The girl visibly cringed back from him and shifted away. She wanted to runaway from these people. They wanted to find daddy. Daddy was mean. They were mean.
"No-" Her eyes bubbled over, wet with tears.
The wizards and witches in the room leaned in ever so slightly to hear this girl speak, her voice was barely a whisper. There was something special about this girl that made the dark lord hide her away so carefully, almost like she was precious.
"Are you mean like my daddy...?" Her eyes opened wide terrified-like she had said too much.
"No I'd think we were all rather pleasant. The exception of this woman here who's rather cross we don't leave you be to rest." Dumbledore chuckled mischievously his eyes twinkling. The little girl bunched up her blankets and eyed the woman who had made her take medicine just hours ago.
"Albus! For Merlin's sake the girl is terrified take this seriously." The tight lipped woman scolded the silver haired man and he winked at the girl,
"Just your name then perhaps and we can forget about daddy for the time being?"
She brightened slightly, before sitting up straighter and proudly said,
"Notte Merope Riddle, Age 5" she splayed her hand out and waited for the funny old mans response.
Even the five year old could tell that something was wrong. None of the people there could say anything for a long time, the air was thick with uncertainty and discomfort.
"D-did I do that wrong? I've been practicing like daddy and teacher told me too I promise!" She seemed frustrated with the silence.
"My-my Tom, you were busier than we thought." There was a slight twinkle left but his face was dark, and uncertain.
"Albus- what do we do?"
The witches and wizards mummured quietly to each other.
"Is she like him?" They started to argue amongst each other.
"-just a child-" Starting to shout over each other and point at Notte.
"Her father-" Why were they so angry?
Notte held her hands over her ears, and shut her eyes tight remembering what teacher told her to do.
Don't speak. Be seen not heard. Don't cry. No matter what he said or did to her. Don't make him angry.
"Silence!" Albus boomed, looking at each of them solemnly.
"Perhaps we should get to know Miss Notte, before jumping to any conclusions." Every witch and wizard there quietly agreed before he continued on.
"Miss Notte, please, tell us about yourself."