Should Not Have Said That

"Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid asked the four us as we walk across the ground
"Who knows. Why was he trying to get past that 3 headed dog on Halloween?" Harry said stepping over a larger rock.
"Who told you 'bout Fluffy?" Hagrid stopped dead in his tracks.
"Fluffy?" Ron asked
"That thing has a name?" Hermione looks bewildered.
"But its not even Fluffy..." I say quietly and Hagrid shoots me a bemused look.
"Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the-" Hagrid pales.
"Yes?" Harry steps forward and tries to egg on Hagrid.
"Shouldn'ta said that. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is." Hagrid shook his wooly mane and I sigh.
"Professor Dumbledore keeps too many secrets." I say again quietly.
"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Harry says over me not paying attention to my muttering.
"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher." Hagrid tries to start walking again but Hermione Jumps in front of him.
"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a curse when I see one. I've read all about them. You have to keep eye contact. And Snape wasn't blinking." Hagrid eyed Hermione.
"Exactly." Harry went to stand next to Hermione. Hagrid let out a heavy sigh.
"Now, you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel." Hagrid paled again, oh Hagrid.
"Nicholas Flamel?" Harry said excitedly
"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. I should not have said that." Hagrid steps around them and all but runs to his little cabin.
"Nicholas Flamel...Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry turned to Hermione.
"I don't know." She shakes her head and looks away- ashamed she doesn't know who some random person is.
"Let me guess- we're going to be spending a lot of time in the library aren't we?" I ask them and Hermione gives me an unamused look.