Nice Puppy

I suddenly have a very bad feeling. The staircase beneath us begins to shudder.
"Ahh!" Ron exclaims next to me and grabs ahold of the railing to steady himself. The staircase starts moving to connect somewhere else. Hermione gasps beside me and grabs onto me and the railing. I use one hand to steady myself and keep ahold of Hermione with the other.
"What's happening?" Harry grabs hold of the railing as well.
"The staircases change, remember?" Hermione says maybe a little too loud next to my ear. The staircase stops moving.
"Let's go this way." Harry pulls on my cloak and heads up the stairs.
"Before the staircase moves again." We scramble into a dark and creepy hall way.
"Does anyone feel like...we shouldn't be here?" Harry asks slowly- I gasp and realize what floor we're on."
"We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden." We start to head back. A flame lights on a statue and we see Mrs. Norris- Filches cat at the foot of the statue.
"Here, pretty kitty-" I make kissey faces at her but Harry and Ron pull me back from her.
"Let's go." Harry says quickly. Mrs. Norris meows.
"It's Filch's cat!" Ron said panicked- its just a cat bruh.
"Run!" I groan inwardly and run with the others. The torches light as we pass them and we reach a door huffing and puffing.
"It's locked!"
"That's it, we're done for!" My brother the drama queen.
"Oh, move over!" Hermione pushes us aside, and pulls out her wand.
"Alohomora." She flicks her wand at the lock.
"Get in." I'm so proud of the rebel she is slowly becoming.
"Alohomora?" Ron asks her.
"Standard book of spells, Chapter 7." She says matter-of-factly. We push into the room and wait to listen for Mr. Filch.
We press our ears against the door and hold our breath.
"Anyone here, my sweet?" I hear Filch say almost sweetly to his cat. Mrs. Norris mews in response.
"Come on." We hear the door close behind them. We sigh in relief.
"Filch is gone." Hermione breathes.
"Probably thinks this door's locked." Ron says and he stretches.
"It was locked." Hermione replies and I turn away from their bickering to see Harry frozen staring up at something. My eyes follow him and I feel my body freeze with his.
"And for good reason." Harry manages to get out- making Ron and Hermione turn to look at Harry- and they follow our gaze.
We're staring at a giant, sleeping three-headed dog. Which would have been cute- if it didn't look like it could swallow us whole all at once.
It yawned and I saw the drool dripping from its jowels. My mouth is open in fear. Ron gives a quiet yelp- the dogs snaps its attention to us.
" AHHHHHHH!" We all scream and scramble out the door and push it closed as the dog heads snap and growl and push against the door. Hermione whips out her wand and relocks the door- I can't hear what she says with the three dogs foaming at the mouth to get to us. We slowly get off the door as it starts to calm down.
And then we book it to the common room.
We're huffing and puffing inside the thankfully empty common room.
"What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school." Ron says inbetween deep breaths.
"You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione puts a hand to her chest as she starts breathing normally.
"I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!" Ron said his hands out in frustration.
"It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something." I did not see that- I too was preoccupied with the massive dog and its huge teeth.
"Guarding something?" Harry asks and we start to climb the stairs to the dorms.
"That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed...or worse, expelled!" We split from the boys and climb the stairs to the girls dorm.
"She needs to sort out her priorities!" I hear Ron faintly say making Hermione turn a faint pink.