A New Family

The man lifted my chin up. He looked into my eyes. I got the chills. Something about him made him different from everyone else.
"So are you going to tell me your name, or anything about you."
"I think it's nice to be strangers."
"And why is that?"
"Everyone who gets close to me seems to get hurt in the process."
I starred at him and slowly smiled.
"Well you didn't hurt me. In fact your the only person who made me smile today."
He smiled at me. It seemed important to him that he made my day.
"Lily?"
"LILY!?"
I turned around to see my mother standing with her "lover"
"yes mother."
I said with an attitude.
"Why are you out here all alone. It's going to get dark."
I turned around to see that the man has left. Almost as if he vanished in thin air. I than walked up towards my mother.
"Can we please go home and restart this?"
"fine."
I than headed towards Tyler's car. I hoped in the backseat while my mother sat in the passenger seat and Tyler began to drive us home.
Tyler than began to talk.
Tyler- "So I was thinking maybe we can talk about everything over dinner..."
Caroline- "Thats an amazing idea."
Tyler- "And I would like for you (Lily) to meet someone."
Lily- "And who may that be."
Tyler- "My son."
Lily- "Sounds good."
For some random reason this man had completely changed my mood. I realized how selfish it was of me to not give my mothers "lover" a chance. Besides I can't expect her to hold on to my father forever.
We pulled back up to the Lockwood house. Tyler parked the car and opened up my door. We than stepped into the house.
Lily- "It's beautiful in here."
Tyler- "Wait until you see your room."
Tyler than began to lead me up the stairs towards a room. He opened up the door and let me go inside first. I had a beautiful white silk sheet bed. I than walked pass the bed to see a huge balcony that gave me an amazing view of the lake outside and the sunset. On the other side of my bed was a walk in closet. It was around the same size as my other closet at home. Across from my bed was a white desk with a mirror to do my makeup and next to that was a white dresser. On the ground in front of my bed was a small rectangle of a white soft carpet on top of the hard wood floors. The walls were a soft baby blue color and the ceiling had a white fan on it. I turned back towards the door to see my mom testing against Tyler. They were both smiling.
Lily- "I-I love it."
Caroline- "I told you she would love it."
Tyler- "Your mother spent hours designing this room to be your dream bedroom."
My mother than chuckled and kissed Tyler on the cheek.
Lily- "Ewwww. Come on this was such a good moment."
We all laughed and than I heard someone yell from downstairs.
"Dad! I'm home!"
Caroline-"That must be Ethan!"
Tyler-"It definitely is. Lily meet us down for dinner in 5."
Lily- "k."
That voice sounded like someone around my age. I pictured the boy to be either younger than me or older than me, not a high schooler. I brushed my hair and looked outside. The sun was going down making the sky a beautiful orange with a tint of yellow. I then walked downstairs and tried to find the dinning room. I heard my mothers voice and walked into the room to see a young man around my age with dark brown hair and brown eyes looking at me.
Caroline-"Come sit down."
I sat down next to my mother and across from me was Ethan.
Tyler-"Ethan this is Lily, Lily this is Ethan."
We both have each other and awkward hello and than continued to eat dinner. We were eating chicken cutlet with some sort of vegetable that I have never seen before. Ethan than began to tell me everything about Mystic Falls and I mean everything. I started to stop paying attention once he got up to the part about every single play they have on the football team. Ethan seemed to be a jock who really only cares about sports and making his father proud. After we finished dinner. I headed back upstairs to my room. I took out my diary and wrote outside on my balcony. After I wrote about my day I put my diary in the draw in my nightstand and went to bed.