The Football Team

It was a Friday. Yesterday was a bad day but today was my second day. On my way to school I drove myself because Ethan has tryouts again and I definitely don't want Stefanie to drive me home. It was last period and I was just day dreaming. I didn't even pay attention to a single word in that class and than the bell rang. I got up from my seat grabbed my books and headed towards my locker. I found Ben standing there waiting for me.
Ben-"Hey!"
Lily-"Hey."
Ben-"I was thinking after my tryouts if you wanted to go the party tonight with me."
Lily-"I don't think I have any plans tonight, so I can probably come."
I honestly made that up. I didn't want to look desperate.
Ben-"K. Let me know when you find out if you can come or not."
Lily-"Ok."
When than walked to the gym while talking because that's where the boys locker room is and I have no where else to be.
Lily-"Ok so what time are you getting me at?"
Ben-"Oh so now you can come?"
We both laughed.
Ben-"I'll be there at 8, sharp!"
I laughed and than walked away. I got into my car and drove home. Even though i'm a sophomore and only have my permit, the sherif doesn't really pull anyone over unless it's late and your drinking and driving.
I pulled up to the Lockwood house and parked my car. I than walked inside.
Caroline-"Hey I was thinking maybe we can go shopping together."
Lily-"I can only shop until 7:30 because I have a party later tonight."
My mom than started to jump and dance.
Lily-"Why are you dancing?"
Caroline-"Because it's your first Mystic Falls party! I knew that you weren't going to be a geek and stay home everyday!"
Lily-"Gee thanks mom!"
I said sarcastically. I than walked up to my room and placed down my bags.
Caroline-"I'll be in the car!"
Lily-"Ok!"
I than brushed my hair real quick. I was thinking about if Alexander would be at the party or if it's only going to the jocks and their girlfriends, does Ben think that i'm his girlfriend? Oh no, I hope he doesn't think that.
I than went downstairs and headed into my moms car. We drove off to a local clothing store to get some cloths. We shopped for a couple of hours.
Caroline-"This is really pretty, try it on!"
I grabbed the cropped gray shirt and tried it on. I was wearing leggings today. I than walked out of the changing room.
Caroline-"Omg. You need to wear that to the party!"
Lily-"Ok mom."
I than checked my phone for the time.
Lily-"Omg it's 7:23 we need to get home."
Caroline-"Ok let me pay for this."
She than tossed me her keys. I headed to the car and sat in the drivers seat. I than drove us home.

____________________________________

Alexander's POV:
Tryouts had just ended and I think I did good. Well I hope that I did good and not amazing. We were all waiting in the gym for coach to call us in one by one and see if we are on the team. He did it alphabetically which sucked because my last name is Rogers. I sat down towards the back. It was dead silent in the gym and all I could hear is everyone heartbeats. I knew I had to control myself though.
It had been 10 minutes now and they were close to my name.
Coach-"Matthew Parker, Matthew Parker."
Matt Parker than got up and walked outside of the gym. I knew that I was up next.
Coach-"Alexander Rogers, Alexander Rogers."
I got up and walked towards Coach. He led me outside of the gym.
He starred down at his papers for a moment.
Coach-"Congrats Alex you made the team!"
Alexander-"Thank you. It means a lot."
Coach-"Ok practice will start on Monday, the boys who made the team are in the Cafeteria."
Alexander-"Ok."
I than walked over towards the Cafeteria. To see a lot of familiar faces. I saw Ben so I walked up to him.
Alexander-"See it wasn't that hard."
Ben chuckled.
Ben-"Congrats."
Alexander-"Thanks you too."
Ben-"Theres a party going on tonight in the woods. It's for everyone who made the team."
Alexander-"I can probably come."
Ben-"Ok, feel free to bring someone too-"
Coach than walked into the room.
Coach-"Congrats boys. Practice starts on Monday. Go have fun, but not too much fun."
Coach chuckled and than we all left. I wanted to call up Lily and see if she wanted to come to me, but I didn't have her number. I than drove to her house to ask her. I pulled up to the house and rang the doorbell. Who looks like to be her father answered the door.
Alexander-"Hi I'm Alex and I was wondering if Lily is home?"
Tyler-"Hi Alex. I'm Tyler."
The man than shook my hand.
Tyler-"She is actually out right now with her mother shopping. She should be home any minute now. You can wait inside though."
Alex-"I can wait outside thanks though."
I didn't know if Tyler owned the house and I didn't want to risk exposing my secret. I sat on the stairs and waited. Once Tyler walked away I attempted to walk in the house. It worked. Than Lily pulled up with who seemed to be her mother.
Alexander-"Lily!"
Lily-"Alexander?"
Alexander-"I was wondering if we could talk real quick."
Caroline-"I'll be inside sweetie."
Lily-"Ok mom!"
Lily-"What is it?"
Alexander-"Well since I don't have your phone number I decided to ask you in person. There's a party tonight in the woods and I was wondering if I could take you there."
Lily-"Ummm... Your a little too late. Ben already asked me."
I than heard a car pull up. I turned around to see Ben driving a car with Ethan and Stefanie inside. I look like an idiot right now.