Lancelot (Again)

Arthur helped Morgana to mount her horse in the square. "I hope your trip isn't too upsetting," he told her.

"Thank you, Arthur," Morgana smiled.

"Make sure you to Camelot before dusk."

"Yes, sire," one of the knights said.

"And you take good care of her," Arthur said to Merlin, who was accompanying Morgana since Gwen was sick.

"Yes, Arthur," Merlin assured him. 

-

"Thank you for coming with me," Morgana told Merlin. 

"Of course. It's the least I can do. Gwen feels awful that she couldn't be here for you."

"Well-" Morgana was cut off by bandits jumping into the path. One by one, the knights accompanying them were wounded or killed. Morgana and Merlin were pulled off of their horses by a bandit, who was then killed by a knight, but then said knight was killed by another bandit. Long story short, it was a huge mess. Merlin grabbed Morgana's wrist and the ran up a hill, hoping to get away. Unfortunately, they ran right to a man who appeared to be the head bandit.

"Hello, ladies," he grinned.

"I warn you, I am Uther Pendragon's ward," Morgana said, stepping in front of Merlin. "He'll have your heads if any harm comes to  me."

"I have no intention of harming you. At least, not yet. You're much more valuable to me alive, Lady Morgana."

-

Meanwhile, Arthur was getting anxious. He went to his father. "Morgana's party has not returned to Camelot. There's no sign of her anywhere." 

"Send riders to the outlying villages," Uther said. "I want every guard, every sentry, looking for her."

"Yes, sire."

-

Merlin and Morgana watched the bandits from inside a tent. They came up with a plan to escape through careful whispers. Merlin prayed it would work.

"He's coming," Morgana said. "Are you ready?" Merlin nodded.

"I trust you are comfortable," the man, Kendrick, asked.

"I demand to know where you are taking us."

"You'll find out soon enough. We have a long journey ahead of us. Get some rest." Kendrick turned and walked out of the tent, but Morgana followed him.

"I wish to bathe," she told him.

"You wish to bathe?" Kendrick repeated.

"I am the king's ward and accustomed to certain standards. I am sure you are quite contented to stink like a pig, but I am not."

Kendrick laughed and turned to his men. "Lady Morgana wishes to bathe! Who wants to help me guard her?" Laughter filled the clearing.

Kendrick and two men led Morgana and Merlin to a stream. Morgana took of her overdress, dropping it on the ground. 

"You may find the water a little icy," Kendrick said.

"I'm sure I'll manage. If you were any kind of gentleman you'd give me some privacy."

"Well, unfortunately for you, I am no kind of gentleman. Now get on with it."

Morgana took off the outer garment of her dress. The bandit holding Merlin let her go. "You can at least turn your backs," Morgana said.

"So you can make a run for it? Do you think I'm so stupid?"

"I think you're very stupid." Morgana nodded to Merlin, signalling her to do as they planned.