Elyan (Again)

"Arthur, you have to let me go."

"Merlin. The last time you went with Morgana to visit Gorlois' grave, you were kidnapped."

"I know! That's exactly why I need to go! You know we can't let anything happen to her."

"I'm worried about what would happen to you."

Merlin growled in frustration. "What is my life to that of a princess?"

"She's not-"

"She kinda is."

"Merlin-"

"The knights will be there, Gwen will be there, and Morgana can fight and I'm lucky. I know you would go but you have a kingdom to run."

-

Merlin woke up in Gaius' chambers. She was lying on the patient bed. Slowly she sat up. 

"You shouldn't do that, Princess."

Merlin looked to the left to see Gwaine sitting in the chair next to the bed.

"What happened?" Merlin asked. Her voice was rough from disuse.

"On our way back, a bunch of snakes came up out of nowhere and scared the horses. You, Percival and Leon were bitten. You almost died," Gwaine told her as he gently guided her back into lying position.

"Is everyone else alright?"

"Everyone else is fine, except..."

"Except who?"

"Morgana and Gwen are missing."

Merlin sat back up. "They're what? How?"

"Morgause. Elyan saw her take them. When he tried to get them back, he was thrown off his horse and knocked unconscious."

"Morgause! No! What if she hurts them! What if-"

"Merlin."

"-she tries to mind-control them? Or-"

"Merlin."

"-kills them? We need to go save them! Gwaine we gotta go-"

"Cassandra!"

"What?"

"You're weak from the snake bites. You're luck to be alive right now. Please rest."

"How can I rest when Morgana and Gwen have been taken?"

Gwaine sighed. "At least drink some water." He handed her a cup.

"Fine." Merlin obediently drank the water. It  was not until she was about half way finished when she realized that it tasted odd. Merlin dropped the cup and the remaining water splattered all over the ground. "You didn't..."

"Sorry, Princess. Gaius' orders."

Merlin fell back into unconsciousness.

-

The next time Merlin woke up, Arthur sat by her side instead of Gwaine.  Percival and Leon were gone. Arthur was dressed in his knight uniform. "It's about time you wake up, sleepy-head," Arthur smirked. "Hurry up and get ready. We leave in an hour to rescue Morgana and Guinevere."

"You didn't leave without me?"

"I knew you'd follow us and end up injuring yourself if I did."

"You know me so well."

"Just hurry."

Merlin dashed to her room and changed into what has been dubbed by the author as the "quest uniform," and then packed some essentials in her bag. Merlin felt out of breath just from going from the bed to her room. I must have been the snake venom still in her system. On her way out, Gaius advised her to be careful and to take it easy.