Interlude - Gwen and Morgana Talk About Boys

Morgana hated this. She was supposedly queen, yet somehow she was still being held prisoner. And to make matters worse, she had just found out about the truth of her parentage. Morgana was the daughter of Uther. 

Morgana watched as Gwen busied herself with cleaning Morgana's already clean room. They were both being held captive in there. "Gwen?" Morgana said, her voice cutting though the silence.

Gwen walked over to her friend. "Yes, my lady?"

"Let's talk about something. I need to get my mind off of... everything."

Gwen sat down next to Morgana on her bed. "What would you like to talk about."

Morgana paused, unsure. She thought for a moment. "Your brother seemed absolutely smitten when he saw Merlin."

Gwen laughed. "I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed. It's quite weird, honestly. He won't shut up about her."

"Really?"

"'Gwen did you see her throw those daggers? She's so amazing!' 'Gwen isn't she beautiful?'" Gwen said in her best Elyan expression.

"Oh my," Morgana giggled. "But you know, I don't think Elyan's the only one smitten."

"I think you're right. Have you seen that look of longing that Leon gives Merlin?"

"Yes! But do you know why he hasn't made a move yet?" Morgana asked with a conspiratorial whisper.

"Why?"

"Arthur's in love with her too!"

"No way!"

"Yes! He's so protective of her and he always goes red in the ears when she gets close."

"How did I not notice that?"

"The first time I saw it was when Merlin saved him from the sorceress posing as Lady Helen. I've been paying special attention since then."

"Wow. Are all the men in Camelot in love with Merlin?"

Morgana tapped her chin. "You know, now that I think about it... Those two strays that Merlin brought in, Lancelot and Gwaine, seemed to have taken a liking to her as well."

"Of course! When Lancelot left, I saw him kiss her hand! He said something romantic, like 'farewell, my lady.'"

"I would faint if a man said that to me!"

"Everyone calls you 'my lady,' my lady," Gwen joked.

"You know what I mean." Morgana rolled her eyes "What about Gwaine?"

"I saw them walking in the marketplace. I only heard a little, but he was calling her a princess and trying to figure out her real name."

Morgana's brow Mowed. "Merlin's name isn't Merlin?"

Gwen shook her head. "No, she just goes by it. I don't know why though. But I think she did tell him eventually because he was making quite a scene. He threatened to serenade her."

Morgana giggled. "Of course he did. When Uther made Gwaine leave, I saw Merlin kiss him on the cheek!"

"Uther?"

"Of course not. She kissed Gwaine on the cheek. Then he kissed her hand!"

Gwen shook her head. "One of these men will have their heart broken."

"Who do you think she'll choose?"

"It's hard to say. I'm not sure it will be Elyan," Gwen admitted. "She's only just met him."

"Right. Arthur is too stubborn to admit to his feelings, but he's obviously fallen hard."

"True. He's definitely a possibility. And as long as Arthur holds feelings for Merlin, Leon won't make a move."

"Poor thing," Gwen sighed. "But if Leon gives up on courting Merlin, he might finally realize there's another fair member of court that may be an even better choice for him."

Morgana raised an eyebrow. "Who?" 

"You."

"Me? No way."

Gwen gave Morgana an innocent smile. "Alright then. Anyways, Gwaine is definitely the most forward from what I've seen."

"He's the most likely to make a move," Morgana agreed."Assuming he hasn't already. And Lancelot is very romantic, but also very noble. When he realized that Arthur had feelings for Merlin, he left, and asked me to tell her that some things could never be."

Gwen gasped. "That's so sad!"

"I know. Merlin was near tears when I delivered the message."

"So who do you think she'll choose?"

"Only time will tell. Heaven forbid another  man comes along..."