|i forgot|

When he finally fixed up his hair as best as possible he decided he needed to get downstairs before he received anymore unwanted phone calls.

He rubbed his eyes and felt the exhaustion creeping up slowly from his lack of sleep, but he took a chug of water and shook it away. He didn't need to show it. He didn't want the questions.

When he made it downstairs he saw the boys along with Paul and Julian sitting at a table in the corner. He decided to ignore them at first and grab some food.

As he moped around, but nothing seemed to look appetizing. So he poured himself a cup of black coffee and made his way over to the table.

Paul: "morning, someone looks a little tired"

Harry just took a sip of the coffee, ignoring Paul's observation.

Paul: "is that all you're having?"

Harry looked up to see if he was talking to him.

Harry: "me?"

Paul: "yes you"

Harry: "oh yeah...I uh...I'm not too hungry really"

Louis placed his hand on top of Harry's

Louis: "you alright babe?"

Harry took another sip of his hot coffee, trying desperately to get the caffeine into his system.

Harry: "mhm"

Zayn looked at Harry from across the table with a pleading look, wanting to wrap him up and tell him he was there but he couldn't.

Niall: "Harry I've gotta talk to you, meet me outside yeah?"

Harry shook his head to prove that he'd be there, as he took the last few sips of his coffee and slid the cup away from him.

He met Niall outside on the bench.

Niall: "what's wrong with you this morning?"

Harry: "nothing really, I just didn't sleep too well"

Niall: "didn't sleep well? or didn't sleep at all?"

Niall raised an eyebrow and Harry knew he was onto him. Harry sighed.

Harry: "I couldn't okay?! I lost track of time and I just didn't sleep that's all"

Niall: "why not haz?"

Harry: "Zayn and I were supposed to hang out after everyone was asleep but when I called him he'd completely forgot. So I just went down to the pool by myself to think all of this shit over."

Niall: "and?"

Harry: "I feel like shit"

Niall: "how come?"

Harry: "because when I'm with him it feels like a fucking dream Ni. But I know that once Louis and Liam find out I'm gonna lose two of my best friends.
Either way I'm losing something...and it sucks. The thought of it all."

Niall: "it's gonna be scary but I know for a fact the longer that you postpone telling them, the worse it's gonna be."

Harry: "all of those hours down by the pool and I still can't figure out how to say it."

A few moments later the rest of the boys walked out to Harry crying into Nialls shoulder. Zayn looked concerned but, he couldn't be more concerned than Louis or else it would raise red flags.

Louis: "baby what's wrong?"

Zayn wanted to vomit.

Harry: "n-nothing...just a meltdown cause I'm tired. That's a-all really."

Louis: "we can go to sleep early tonight okay?"

Harry shook his head and let Louis take his hand and lead him back inside. Liam went to follow but turned around when Zayn wasn't following.

Liam: "you coming?"

Zayn: "I'm gonna have a smoke, I'll be in soon"

Liam fled back inside and left Zayn with Niall.

Zayn: "what's actually wrong with him?"

Niall looked up confused

Niall: "what do you mean?"

Zayn: "I'm with him all the fucking time Niall. He doesn't just cry cause he's tired."

Niall sighed

Niall: "he's just flustered that's all, he's gonna be okay."

Zayn: "did he tell you exactly why he looks pale and like he hasn't slept in ages?!"

Niall: "he hasn't slept that's why, he didn't sleep at all last night"

Zayn: "he called me at like midnight, and he told me he was going to bed...he just didn't?!"

Niall: "he was down by the pool all night Zayn, waiting for someone who was supposed to join him...but didn't show."

Zayn's eyes widened at the realization that he'd forgotten all about his plans with Harry.

Zayn: "fuck!"

Niall: "and I'm not entertaining the fact that you're cheating Z, but I also care about how Harry feels. He's my best friend."

Zayn: "no, I know. I feel like a douche, shit!"

Niall: "just talk to him"

Zayn: "that's not the easiest"

Niall: "tonight when we're hanging just go out for a smoke break and make him come with you"

Zayn nodded and flicked his cigarette into the ash tray beside him before blowing the rest of the nicotine laced smoke from his mouth and coughing.

Niall stood up to head back inside.

Niall: "you should really lay off on the smoking too Z, Harry doesn't like it"

Zayn blushed and pulled out his phone, glancing at Harry's snap chat stories. A beautiful picture of the sunrise with some of their unreleased lyrics as a caption.

"to be loved & to be in love"

Zayn smiled at it for a minute, knowing it was directed toward him but he snapped back into reality when his team walked outside.

Paul: "come on lads, time to head to the conference room"

They loaded into the SUV and drove a few short minutes to the destination. The outside was swarming with press, and their security guards pushed through to allow them access to the cool room.

5 seats sat on a stage.

From left to right it went Louis, Harry, Zayn, Liam, then Niall.

Harry let out a sigh, feeling safe with zayn so close to him. But he sensed that Zayn knew he did something wrong when he looked at Harry with guilty eyes.

When they were sat at the table a few minutes before the press flooded them with questions, Zayn decided to text him.

Zayn: "I'm so sorry I forgot bug, let me make it up to you tonight;)"

Harry shifted in his seat, although he didn't respond, Zayn knew he was bothered and that's all that mattered.