I'm Back - 38

Walking out into studio A made me really nervous, even more nervous than before. I thought I was joining B Troop, not A. What if everyone hates me for leaving? What if they don't want me back? What if-

I shove those thoughts out of my head while I slowly tuck my over sized shirt into my bike pants. My heart began rapidly beating and I grab one of my arms tightly. Before I join the group, I kick my vans off and one of my socks; with the other I bend down and fold it half off my foot. It helps with turning, since the shoes I had weren't my dance ones.

I step onto the wooden floor and everyone begins to stare at me like I'm some strange creature that they've never seen before. "Uh... uhm, h-Hi guys..." i manage to stutter out then I look to my feet.

"EL!" I hear a few familiar voices scream, I look up and see Richelle, Piper, Sloane, Amy and Cassie all run at me, my eyes widen at the sight - it's like a herd of animals. A smile forms on my face then I'm crushed to but by so many hugs.

"H-Hey." I laugh as they all release me.

"I've missed to so much." Richelle says as she hugs me again then once she releases me, she slaps my arm. "What took you so long!"

"Ow!" I whine, "I needed a break, I told you many times before over the phone." I explain while I hold the spot where she slapped me.

"Fine, as long as you're back." She smiles and I return it.

"How have you been?" Piper asks.

"As good as I can be." I say as my eyes drift to the rest of the group who didn't get up yet and I end up on a certain face. He notices and I quickly look back to Piper. "I was with your brother and the boys for a bit in London. They set up this cute little dance for me in a hotel room." I smile, thinking back to what the boys had done.

"Really? Has James bought me anything yet?" She questions.

"Thats for me to know and you to find out." I raise my eyebrows quickly as she frowns jokingly.

We walk back over to the big group and I get swallowed by a hug from Alfie - my new made friend before I left. "Hey E"

"Hi Alfie." I say while letting him go, "did I miss anything?"

"Yeah, but it's all over, I guess."

"Okay..."

"You look-"

"More like my actual heritage?" I joke.

"Yeah, but I was going to say good."

"Oh... thanks..." I blush and shyly look to the ground.

I walk back over to Richelle and sit down next to her as Riley and Amanda walk out. "Welcome back, Ellie... we are all so glad you came back, unfortunately that does mean we have lost Amanda, but she is still going to be helping with the team."

I make a short eye contact with the girl with long brown hair and a purple jacket before I notice she looked away and over to her boyfriend. I begin to frown, this isn't going to be easy.

"Listen up A Troop, now I know that all of you agrees with my decision to pull us from the last qualifier-"

"Wait." I interrupt. "You never competed in the 2nd qualifier?" I ask in a surprised manor.

"No we didn't."

"You may of just ruined TNA's chance at Regionals."

"Thats what I've been saying..." Richelle says from under her breath.

"Did the Gemini's even end up going to the second qualifier?" Amanda asks from beside Riley.

"They did, and they won." Riley states. "But thats in the past and we need to focus on the future which is the 3rd qualifier."

"So what kind of competition are they having next qualifier?" Henry asks.

"Duets."

"How are you going to decide who's going to compete?" Michelle asks.

"Well I know all of you are tired of auditioning for the spots so I've decided to simplify things." Riley looks at me. "Ellie and Noah are going to be our Duet."

"No." I say while leaning back into my hands and shaking my head. "No. It doesn't work like that."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not doing a duet, especially with him." I say while staring at Riley. I stand up and walk into the middle of the group. "And trust me, he wouldn't want to do one with me of all people. I'm basically new to the Troop, and I'm mostly definitely not the best dancer. I propose you use someone else."

"But Ellie, you and Noah performed a duet at international's..." Riley continues.

"I propose you use someone else." I state harshly but not in a mean way.

"What does Noah think about this?" Riley says looking over to the boy in question.

Noah's POV:
Shes actually back, she's in front of me. She looks a lot like she use to when we were little. Long brown hair, beautiful tan skin and bright blue doe eyes. Riley wants me to do a duet with her, and I'd love to but still, we are broken up and I'm with Amanda, I shouldn't even be thinking about Ellie that way.

"What does Noah think about this?" Riley says as the group turns to face me.

"She clearly doesn't want to dance with me. Plus the chemistry just wouldn't be there...." I say angrily and begin to trail off, I probably shouldn't of been so harsh but it's the truth. Plus, my back is still injured and I'd rather not dance.

"Fine. I give up on you two." Riley says while throwing her hands up. "Alfie and Noah will do the duet, they were the top two dancers voted last time."

Oh thats just great.

Ellie's POV
Now thats how you get out of dancing.

"But before we do anything, let's see if Ellie has been slacking." Riley says which makes me twist so I'm fully facing her.

"Slacking? Me? Never." I smirk.

"Prove it." Richelle says, causing me to look down.

"I will." I smile.

Soon everyone had moved to the side and I stood alone on the floor. Then the song is put on. I stay still, like a deer in the headlights. It was Mine and Noah's song. "Uh..uhm..." I look over to the group and I notice Noah has the same reaction, I quickly look to Riley, "uhm can we change the song?"

I did have a small amount of time to warm up ... this is going me grrrrreat.

*song: What a time by Julia Michaels and Niall Horan*

Oh this song is just great. NOT.

I start to dance and the lyrics remind me so much of me and Noah, it's not funny. But I dance the best I can, I most definitely have not been slacking and I'm proving it. Gosh, I missed this.