Chapter 1

The rage was in everything. In the waves crashing against the rocks, in the wind bending the palm trees to a furious dance. It was a dark day, even for them.

Where the salty air spread bitterness, lay an impenetrable hatred - an atmosphere as toxic as smoke after an explosion.

Leonardo was only 13, too young to be left alone in a world full of greed and bloodshed. As his father approached from behind, he already felt the weight of his expectations on his shoulders.

"She didn't give a fuck about you, now stop sulking." He said lowly. "Men don't let their emotions get in the way of their duty."

Leonardo's hands tightened on the balcony railing, his eyes on the waves as he tried to compose himself. For a teenager he was ruthless and had a reputation for being hotheaded and violent. Snapping back at his papa would surely qualify for beatings.

"Now get inside, the funeral's ending."

With how fast his father got the funeral done, you'd never think his father cared for the woman who died, but he did. So deeply it angered his son even more for how he could let this death happen.

He didn't know it, but that day would be the start of his days leading hell.

The day, was the start of his journey towards becoming Leonardo De Luca.

Don of the Italian syndicate.

—————————————————————————

Today

~Leonardo~

A final tide of red washed over me.

Death is a peaceful thing when you're the one to cause it.

I stood basking in the silence for a few moments, while the metal walls dripped with crimson. I'd shot every man in sight, but it still wasn't enough to paint the walls. Just when my phone rang, I tucked my gun into my holster and pulled out the shitty burner phone I took with me everywhere.

As I press a button, a pool of blood forms on the plastic. "That's the third time you've called me. Somebody better be fucking dead Emilio."

"Sorry, but you're late for that meeting with your father. He's pissed."

"He can wait another 5 minutes, I just blew out the brains of Gerard's crime ring."

I headed towards the exit, and once I stepped out into a cool, earthy breeze I unlocked my car from a distance.

"And your fathers about to blow my brains out if you don't get here." Emilio continued.

"I'm on my way."

After shutting the phone and pulling open the door of my black Bugatti Chiron, I sank onto the dark seats and floored it towards my fathers corporate building.

You'd think he'd be reluctant handing over the company to me.

Even just as I entered his office, he started rambling on about his plans like a fucking tape recorder. I sat in the leather chair in front of his desk, and felt my shoulders stiffen.