Chapter 10

*disclaimer*

Since I have posted this chapter after a large time gap I recommend reading the last few ones to catch up to where we are. Anyway, enjoy!

Also - here is an idea of what Leonardos house looks like.

—————————————————————————

"Give me that, Charming."

I snatched my backpack from the arms of one of Leo's men Cade - aka Charming because he had blonde hair.

Once my bag crashed against my body I realised I'd jerked too much and hurt my gunshot wound.

Charming let out a snicker as I held my stomach. It started to sear in a way that made me groan. If I wasn't recovering from surgery I would have slapped the look off of his face.

I got into the car, and after a 20 minute drive through a town in Sicily, past lush green mountains, and over a swirly road we stopped outside some magnificent gates surrounded by a brick wall.

An armed guard headed towards the car and Leo said something to him in Italian before he nodded and opened the gates up.

And it was when we stopped at the end of a mile long driveway, over 200 acres of land was when I realised that this was a mansion.

A mansion, and not a small country.

Money really was beautiful. My jaw dropped ajar the second we stopped and I stared out the window as a an off-white mansion bathing in golden sunlight.

Saying this house was out of a movie would be an understatement. It was straight from a fairytale, one that took place in the mountains of Sicily and beneath a bright blue sky.

Mist lay on the tops of the surrounding mountains, clouds overlapped one another and bright green trees and plants stretched around the house. It was beautiful, and I had to wonder how much it cost.

"Holy shit...is that a helicopter pad?" I asked, squinting at it in the distance. I got a nod from Charming but nobody said a word to me.

They either didn't like me or weren't allowed to. They just put their heads down and carried strange boxes into the mansion. I got a feeling that I didn't want to know what was in them.

Dusk was settling very quickly, and some of Leo's men split up and drove away while Charming and Leo stayed.

I followed them up the stone steps outside the house,  seriously concerned as to how they couldn't be happy coming to this home. They were used to it, and it only reminded me how much Leonardo had.