Chapter 5

We walked for around half an hour, the entire time I told Leo everything I'd do once I got to New York. Go to central park, eat hotdogs, get married.

But I didn't think he was listening. It was irritating having a travel companion who didn't speak to me, didn't even look at me. I released a heavy pant from walking, my mouth was dry and thankfully so were my clothes.

"You haven't even panted once and we've been walking for hours. Are you even human?"

He swiped a palm over his jaw, finally reacting to something I said. "Are you human? You've been talking for 2 hours straight."

My eyes narrowed as heat gathered in my chest, I won't lie it stung me. I liked to talk to people, get into their minds and see what they were like. Talking was a form of communication this cold hearted man could never understand.

He crashed my car, made me walk all this way and was mean while doing it. I crossed my arms, before both of us turned our attention to the building in the distance. It was run down and small, but it was something.

Antonio's Cars

A scoff left my mouth. There was no way he was planning on buying a car, he'd be insane to do that. He went inside as I followed, and stood behind as he starting talking to the clerk.

"How much is your most expensive car?" He asked the clerk, who's face was already going pale. How pathetic, this man had everyone fearing him without even knowing who he was. If only they saw how much of an asshole he could be.

The clerk raised his eyebrows, before typing on his computer. "350,000 euros sir."

Disbelief shot my eyes wide. No way, that'd be enough to buy a house, and huge one too. I had no doubt this man was rich, but could he really afford that?

A few moments of me standing in shock went by and the car was outside. I left the store to take a look, my eyes almost popping out. Low to the ground, the sports car was a shiny yellow. It had doors that opened like wings and a leather black interior with the most insane control console. I was so poor.

Crossed arms, I bent down to take a look at Leo sitting inside."Are you insane?!"

"Just sit down."

"This is too-"

"Alex." He snapped, and I rolled my eyes before getting in. Though I should have been celebrating the first time he'd called me by my name.

—————————————————————————

The ride was silent for once. I didn't have any energy to talk, so I kept my eyes out of the window. Pretty soon I'll be on a plane, watching my country get smaller until it faded away into oblivion.

The sound of a lighter made me move my eyes towards him. Just for a glance. He was smoking, one hand on the wheel and the other holding the cigarette.

I blinked at his eery calmness, it made me seem like a downright annoying person. He also made me feel like a little girl next to him with how tall and masculine he was. Muscles bulging with every movement, his hands veiny and large making the cigarette look tiny.

My eyes spanned the length of him, before stopping at his face. I could never help but wonder what it was that made this man the way he is. It was a thought I had for everyone, but especially him.