Chapter 20

~Alex~

"I won! Hey, if I win again, will you get sore loser tattooed on your forehead?"

Cade ran a hand through his blond hair. "Shuffle the cards, Gabriele. We're playing again."

I smiled as Gabriele shuffled the cards again. In the meantime, Cade picked up a magazine laying beside him and lazily flicked through it. He probably realised it was a fashion magazine because he lost interest in it quick.

When I took a glance at the magazine, recognition made my eyes narrow until...Oh my God, it was her.

The model he was with.

Before I could even think the words spilled from my lips.

"What is he even doing with her?"

Silence replaced the clicks of the cards shuffling as the two men stared my way. 

"Oh, we're silent now are we?" I questioned, as to which Cade spoke.

"You should know. You're the one who did it to yourself at the yacht party."

Wow, so everyone knew about that.

I played with one of the bent cards discarded from the pile. "I don't get why the media exploded, saying all these things like how unusual I am. I'm the same as any other woman he's allegedly been with."

A snicker left Cade. It was poisonous and arrogant, and reminded me of the the bullies at school.

"What?" I asked.

"You don't come close to the other woman he's been involved with."

"Is that a good thing or a bad..."

"You just don't belong here. Even if people don't know why you're here, they'll see you and know it in a second."

"That's...not true."

He tossed the magazine in the middle. "She looks like she fits in with this lifestyle. You? You know what, it doesn't matter. At least you're wearing designer."

"Shut up." I seethed and stood from the floor. "I don't care about appearances and lifestyles like you do because I have a life. If that makes me different then fine, I'm different!"

"Its a good thing she's safe and leaving soon." Cade spat. "She gives me a fucking headache!"

I slammed the door behind me.

———

Don't belong in this world.

Who said I wanted to?

Forget the argument, if I didn't value anyone, I didn't value their words either. At least someone finally said a truth. I was leaving soon.

Though I should have been happy, I was riled up and wanted to be alone, so I took my dress that needed stitching and went to the one place no maid could find me - the gym.

Once I reached the gym, I decided I wasn't going to sit on sweat ridden workout equipment and settled cross-legged on the bench at the side of the gym.