Chapter 24

~Leonardo~

The club was where to be when I wanted something off my mind. Far from home, with music so loud you could barely hear a thought. Except that's how it used to be, because today it was hell.

I thought I could use a break like old times, but as I threw back my glass of whiskey, it unsettled me even more.

Behind the VIP lounge which was sectioned off with red rope, a cheer erupted from the dance floor. Music vibrated beneath my feet, beating with flashing lights searing into my head.

"Something bothering you, De Luca?" Alfonso set his glass on the table.

Something was bothering me, and her name began with an A.

"No." I replied, taking another drink off the tray a waitress lowered for me. As I sat back, I drank it like water and Cade scratched his nose at the sight.

"What's wrong, you're drinking a little fast today." He said.

"Headache."

He nodded and slid over the lounge seats closer to me. "I think we should be making preparations..." he leaned in. "You know, for her to leave soon."

He was bringing this up now? I knew he was itching to get rid of her from the second she came, but we never spoke about serious topics in a club. Looked like the music was getting to his head.

"Not now, Cade."

"The quicker she gets out, the less chance there is of another threat eyeing in on her."

My empty glass spun in my hand. The phone call I got this morning rang in my head and I didn't fucking know why. It was confirmed today that all the threats to Alex were killed, meaning she was safe to leave.

I should have been relieved, but all I wanted to do was drink and pass the time till she left.

"What are you thinking?" Cade inched closer.

"That if you come closer, I'll break your nose."

He retreated back a little. "You want me to get the jet ready for her? I can do it for tomorrow-"

"No, that's too soon."

"Three days?" He suggested.

A second of hesitation passed me, before I stood.
"Do it."

Fuck this, I wasn't spending my night rotting away in a club.

———

Silence slipped under my skin as I stepped into the foyer of the mansion. At this time of the night everyone was asleep, or so I thought until the clatter of metal echoed from the kitchen.

Raising a brow, I headed to the archway leading to the kitchen. The live in maids were asleep, and the men here wouldn't come close to the kitchen if they weren't eating. A strong smell of herbs and vegetables hit me on the way in, and it was her.

Standing in front of the stove with a bubbling pot. A Pikachu t-shirt down to her knees. Black hair swept up in a messy bun, with some strands falling out.