THIRTY ONE

THURSDAY 10/31

--
Sunshine Hobi 🌞💛 :
where the fuck are you???

Me :
The library.
We have a free period. Why?

Sunshine Hobi 🌞💛 :
oh dang
can you still stay on your phone?

Me :
I guess?
What's up?
--

Taehyung put his phone in his pocket to open the library's doors, and entered the peaceful place. He always went there on Thursdays when he had a free period. He always thought Hoseok would be happy to get a break from him. There weren't a lot of people there, which was good. But as he walked further down the aisles, he saw a familiar raven head sat at a table, alone. Ok this is my shot he thought, and he arrived near the boy.

"Is this seat taken?"

It took a few seconds for the younger to avert his attention to Taehyung, but when he did, a light blush made its way to his cheeks. He nodded and Taehyung sat down. He took out his textbook and pencilcase.

Taehyung started writing, wondering why he still hadn't receive a message from Hoseok. When he was concentrated, Taehyung had the reflex to lightly bite his lower lip, which didn't come unotticed from the other. After a few minutes, the blue haired felt eyes on him. He therefore turned his attention to Jeongguk, who immediately went back to reading, cheeks still red.

Taehyung thought for a few seconds about how he could start a conversation. This was just awkward and he hated that feeling.

"So hum... we didn't get to talk a lot..."

This is not starting off well. Taehyung was sure he just made the situation ten times more awkward. Jeongguk looked at him and nodded, without giving an oral answer.

"I don't think I know what your voice sounds like actually." Taehyung continued.

"Hm.. Jimin is the talkative one. He keeps the conversation going."

"You have a nice voice."

A bright boxy smile appeared on Taehyung's features, and the color on Jeongguk's cheeks only got darker. Taehyung wondered what always made him so flustered these days.

"Thanks... I guess if you want to get to know each other, can I have your number?"

Oh no. Taehyung should have seen it coming, but to be perfectly honest, he wasn't thinking straight when Jeongguk was around. He quickly thought of a way out, but couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't probably offend the younger. Damn it. He was stuck.

"Well... Uh see the problem is... I don't actually-"

"Taehyung!" Hoseok whisper-yelled, arriving at their table. Taehyung had never felt so happy his best friend was here in his entire life. His timing was just perfect.

"I thought about it and texting won't do, we're getting coffee. Hi Gguk. Bye Gguk."

His best friend took a hold of Taehyung's sleeve and made him stand up. He started walking right away, not giving Taehyung a choice.

"Bye Ggukie!" Taehyung said, waving. He saw the blush on his cheeks darken even more before they exited the library.