▪️Chapter 13

Edited

Edited.

Two weeks period of practicing passes by quite fast. It felt like only yesterday I performed my first stage. Everything was going so well and I had fun practicing the dance.

"Why do you wanna go early anyway?" Aira snap me back to reality as I quickly turn around to look at her. My lips immediately carve a smile.

"What?" she asked, dumfounded, as she push away her loose bun that somehow disturb her, to the back. I love how confident she is sometimes. She wouldn't mind to go out in public wearing hoodies and sweatpants or even pajamas.

"As long as I'm comfortable" was what she always say when I asked her about her choice of outfit.

"I need to meet someone later" I answered.

"I told you I can go alone. You can go at 7 later, with the others" I added. The end of her lips immediately raised.

"What?" I asked, now dumbfounded.

"You're going out with Vernon again, aren't you?" she wiggle her eyebrow as the smirk stayed on her lips.

I immediately blushed at her words.

Yes, again. Througout this two weeks, Vernon asked me out to lunch a lot. And of course, I accept his offer. He would always bring me to different and new restaurants each time.

He told me that he want to bring me to every delicious restaurants that he know since I've been living abroad for awhile and probably didn't get the chance to eat delicious Korean foods ever since I got here.

Isn't that thoughtful of him?

"He's just taking me out for a late lunch" I answered, hiding my blush as I look away from Aira.

"Are you sure you're not dating him by now? You went out on a date with him almost everyday!" Aira stated. I look at her quickly, shaking my head.

"It's not a date. We're just hanging out as friends" I told her. Well, that's true. I don't think Vernon would date a girl like me, there are a lot more girls that are better than me. I'm not worth it, for a high-class guy like him.

"That's what people always say, bestfriend" Aira said as she wrap her arm on my shoulder. She turn me slightly to the side with her arms on me as she raise her other hand and make it flow as if she's imagining something.

"They would say 'Oh, we're only friends' but then the next day they would come out and tell every single person on earth that they're dating the friend" Aira mocked the girly voice before ending the small speech by looking at me with a raised eyebrow.