▪️Chapter 29

Edited

Edited.

Suddenly, my eyes caught a too familiar figure. I squint my eyes hard before I can feel the whole world fades.

"Minho, I need to go. Can I call you later? When you're free" I said quickly not even bother to wait for his reply as I end the call. I drop my phone from my ears as I look at the heartbreaking scene.

Vernon. I watch as he wrap his arms around the girl's waist, kissing her cheeks as she squirm in his arms. He whispered sweet things in her ears as she giggle out of joy.

I close my eyes tight, not strong enough to look at the lovely couple. Traitorous tears fell down my cheeks as I inhale sharply, feeling my heart ache as I do so.

Only fews days after we broke up, and he already found someone new? By the judge of how intimate they were, I bet they happened even when he was still with me.

I take in a deep breath before turning to walk away, away from this hurtful sight.

Now it all finally clicked. This is the exact reason why he's always busy. No wonder his teammates always look at me with sympathy, they knew his dirty little secret all along.

I feel so dumb now when I look back at it.

"And you thought he actually loved you?" I asked myself, letting out a scoff. I stopped my track, wiping my tears before proceeds to run. Run away from my problems. That is the only thing that could make me feel free at the moment.

I let my feet leads me, not having an actual direction of where I'm running to. Despite of the burning sensation on my sprained ankle, I still run without a doubt. The pain in my heart is greater than the pain on my feet.

I should've listened to all the warnings I've received.

"He definitely has something he has been hiding from you" Aira said, punching the pillow that she was hugging. I look at my hands that is on my lap.

"No. He's just, busy" I tried to convince myself.

"Haera, his promotion week already ended. They must have breaks before training for another comeback again" she argued.

"What Aira said is true. He must have time for his girlfriend even if he's busy" Xera supported Aira.

If I listened to Aira, I would've catch up all the things he has been doing behind my back.

"Just trust me and don't find him" he repeated his words.

"No. I'm going to find him. I need to fix our broken relationship and I want to be with him again" I said enthusiastically, looking at him with sided eyes.

"You'll regret it" he said, looking straight into my souls.

And if I listened to him, I won't regret it like how I do right now.

I stopped running, realising where my feet has took me. The company.

"Wherever I go, this is always where I end up" I said to myself, entering the company literally the second after.

I walk in the practice room, sighing in relief once I see the room empty. I place my bag on the table before walking towards the computer and played the song he played for me before.

I let the song play loudly in the room as I slump on the sofa with a heavy heart.

Who knows my first love would end up this way?

Tears. Once again, I was engulf with tears. I hate how weak I am sometimes.

"Am I not good enough?" I asked in between my cries. Dèjá vu. A pair of arms wrapped around me, holding me in a tight hug.

"You are enough" his familiar voice whispered, caressing my head. The sudden action unexpectly comforted me a bit as my stiff body softens.

"I found out that he was the one who cheated on me" I said quietly after a moment of silence. He loosens the hug to look at me. Just like all the time, he has that stupid mask over his face. Don't he trust me?

He looks shocked for a moment before he look down slowly. "Sorry".

"Why are you sorry? You're not the one who cheated on me" I joked, trying to brighten up the mood. Is it just me, or he always came around in my darkest times?

He kept quiet, still looking down. I sighed, hugging my knees as I lean my back on the sofa.

"Is it bad that I want to keep him for myself?" I asked him, referring to Vernon. He raised his head to look at me.

"Even though he hurt me, he used to make me feel special. He used to give me happiness. He cheered me up when I'm feeling down and believe it or not, he was there for me when I'm sad and when I failed to learn the dances" I said, reflecting back to the not so old memories. I can feel my tears slowly fall down my cheeks once again.

"I feel so lonely" I said quietly, bitting my quivering lips hard as I tried to control my breathing.

"I'm here with you. You're not alone" he tried to comfort me.

But I don't even know you.

"I wanted to be loved" I added with an aching pain in my chest.

"I want someone to tell me that I've been doing great and amazing after a very tiring day" I told him.

"I want to have someone that can compliment me everyday even with the smallest things I achieved" I spilled.

"I want to be special in someone's life" I said quietly, hiding my face in between my knees, crying. It took him awhile before wrapping his arms around me.

"Don't worry, you'll find him. You'll find someone who can make you feel happy. You will" he comforted me, I push him away in reflex.

"Stop it" I said, looking at him with hatred in my eyes. He looked confused for a split second.

"Don't try to comfort me nor gain my trust when you won't even show me your face" I look at him straight in the eyes as I said the words. He looks offended.

"Please leave" I told him as I look down, scared to look at his face.

"Please" I repeated when he wouldn't move an inch. I turn my body away from him. It was awhile before I can feel him standing up from the sofa and close the door softly.

I look at the empty room before feeling the urge to cry again. I screamed all my feelings out, hoping that I could feel better

{End of Chapter 29}
Thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter!