▪️Chapter 18

Edited

Edited.

"I'm sorry, Haera. Something came up, so I can't go" Vernon's voice ringed in my ear. I take a deep breath, holding in my tears.

It's the fourth time this week. And it's only Thursday.

"It's fine. I can just ask Aira to join me" I replied to him. I can audibly hear him releasing a relieved sigh.

"Thank you. Again, I'm sorry" he repeated.

"It's fine, Vernon" I repeated my words as well.

"Great, see you" he said quickly before ending the call. I pull my phone away from my ears as I felt a sudden urge to cry.

I tried my best to hold it in since I'm in a public cafe and I don't want people to see me as a creep, but what can I do? I'm only a weak human.

His promotion week already ended. Just like what Aira adviced me, I really want to meet him to talk it out. But each time we agreed of meeting each other, he would stand me up last minute.

I'm starting to feel what Aira say was real.

"Are you ready to order, Miss?" the waiter asked. I quickly wipe away my tears before plastering the biggest smile on my face.

"Yeah, sure" I smiled.

°°°

"Is he joking right now? Urgh! What was he thinking? Can't he even spare a freaking minute to talk to you? Why is he being annoying?" Aira complained as she walk back and forth in our shared room.

"Wait wait, so you're telling me, that you've been dating Vernon from Seventeen for almost a month?" Xera asked out of shock as she look at me from her bed. I nod.

"That sounds so great! But what if the company finds out?" Seyong asked with a worried expression.

"Guys, that's not the problem right now. That douchebag-" Aira started, but I quickly cut her off.

"Aira" I warned at her choice of words. She sighed before mumbling a sorry.

"He definitely has something he has been hiding from you" Aira said instead, punching the pillow that she was hugging. I look at my hands that is on my lap.

"No. He's just, busy" I tried to convince myself.

"Haera, his promotion week already ended. They must have breaks before training for another comeback again" she argued.

"What Aira said is true. He must have time for his girlfriend even if he's busy" Xera supported Aira.

"Really?" I sarcatiscally, sighing as I look at them. Both Aira and Xera nod their head in sync. I look at Seyong and she immediately turned panic before smilling sheepishly and nod her head. I sighed.