▪️Chapter 35

Edited

Edited.

I woke up to see him already looking at me. That, shook the hell out of me.

"Were you watching me while I sleep?" I freaked out.

"Hell nah! I was just looking around the room and you were stirring in your sleep so I look at you then you suddenly open your eyes and look at me" he freaked out more than I did. I look at him with a knowing look before shrugging it off.

I sit on the bed as I look out of the window. The sun shines brightly, shinning half of the room. I smiled.

I may be sad for getting eliminated but like Mom said, there are reasons behind this so I'll just need to accept it.

"I was thinking last night. I think we can get you back in the competition" he started, looking at me with a serious expression.

"What do you mean? It's already ended. They will debut on the next stage" I said, already giving up but still hurt by the fact that I am a failure.

"No, the next stage is qualification stage. They won't debut if their perfomance aren't great" he continued.

"But," I started but he quickly cut me off.

"Listen. You can tell PD that you got sabotaged. He can consider in letting you join the next stage" he said. It actually sparks a small light of hope inside me but not long after, I sighed.

"But the rules is for the group to debut with 4 members. If I join, it will be against the rules" I sighed, trying to find excuse. I can't let him bring my hope up easily. I don't even know if I can perform gracefully even if I join the last stage.

"You can change it, Haera. You have hope" he said as his eyebrow knitted together, showing how much he's desperate in convincing me.

"You think so?" I asked which come out like a whisper. He nod.

"Even if he's too ego to let you join the last stage, at least you can leave by letting him know that you've worked hard" he said, shrugging. I look away from him and stare at the walls in front of me instead.

Is the reason good enough for PD to let me join again? But it's quite impossible.

My phone suddenly rang as I slowly reach for it on the table beside me. I look at the caller ID before taking a glance at S.

"Hello?" I gretted the person.

"Hi, Haera. How are you?" Junhee asked through the phone. I chuckled lightly.

"I'm fine, how are you? You sound sad" I asked him through the phone.

"Guess who got fired today?" he said with a very fake happiness in his tone. My eyes widen.

"Wait, what?" I asked him, shocked. He got fired?

"Yup, me" he laughed sarcastically.

"But, why?" I asked him, confused.