▪️Chapter 21

Edited

Edited.

"Bye guys! I wish the best for each one of you!" Aira chirped with a bright smile on her lips as she hold onto her little brother's tiny hands.

"I'll call you when I got home" Aira told me before winking. I nod before hugging her once again.

"Yeah. Bye, Jack. Bye, Aira" I smile as I wave at both of them. Little Jack smiled brightly, waving to all of us as he hold onto Aira's hand tightly.

I smiled at the happy but bitter memory which happened barely hours ago. Aira and Soyoung finally left us, and once again, the empty and sorrowful feelings appeared again.

It's only left six of us and there's only two stages before our debut. I need to work hard so I can be qualified to debut.

The word debut which always felt so close to me suddenly felt so far. Aira always mentioned how she wanted to debut as a team with me, but now, it would never happen.

I take a sip on my now, bitter cappuccino. I sigh loudly. Her heart is pure and beautiful, it hurts me so much to see her leave.

The sudden ringing of my phone snapped me back to reality. I quickly look at the caller ID and my heart beamed of joy as soon as I saw Vernon's name.

"Vernon!" I chirped, answering the call.

"Hello to you too" he chuckled lightly.

"Are you free right now? Should we go out for lunch?" he asked through the other line. My lips immediately carve a smile.

"Yeah, sure. Where should we meet?" I asked excitedly.

"Meet me at the company's lobby. My extra practice just ended" he said. I nod.

"Okay, I'll be on my way" I smiled before ending the call. He still care.

I quickly finish my drink before sprinting towards the company. As I was getting in the front door, my shoulder accidently being pushed by a hard chest. I yelped, trying to stabilize myself so I won't fall on the concrete floor.

The person quickly grab my arms so I won't fall.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there" his voice trailed off as he saw me. His eyes widen slightly before he faked a cough and make me stand back on my feet.

"Hello, S.Coups" I greeted as a sign of respecting my senior.

"Yeah, hello. Sorry for earlier. See you" he said quickly before walking away.

What's the rush? I asked myself before shrugging and enter the company. My eyes immediately caught Vernon's back, talking with his group members by the end of the hallway.

Should I go to him now? How if he got mad because I went to him while his members are there?

It took me awhile on procrastinating until I eventually walk towards him, quietly. When I was behind him, I pour out all my energy to call out his name.

His head immediately shot back to me as he look at me with a bright smile.

"Haera" he chirped, wrapping his arm on my shoulder almost immediately, which caught me by suprise.

"Guys, I'm heading out with my girlfriend first. See ya" he waved at his member, walking away from them with his arm wrapped loosely on my shoulder.

Before he drag me away, I can still see the expression most of his members gave me. Empathy and sympathy.

"Haera? Why are you quiet?" Vernon asked as he took a glance at me. He has pulled his arm away from my shoulder right after we're out of the company since there's many eyes watching.

"Huh? Oh, nothing" I give him a small smile. He shrugged, not caring much as he walk towards his car. I followed behind him quickly.

"Where are you taking me to?" I asked him right after we've settled down in the car.

"Hm, I don't really have anything in my mind right now so I guess we'll just go to any restaurant that we passes by" he answered. I nod.

"Did you and your team had a practice earlier?" I asked as soon as we settled in a restaurant. He nod.

"Yeah. We need to prepare for another comeback soon" he answered before the waiter stop by our table. We ordered our food in a minute.

"Do you wanna go for a movie later?" he asked, once the waiter place our foods. My eyes lit up in joy as I quickly look at him.

"Yeah, sure!" I smiled. He reply my smile before nodding his head.

"Eat up, we'll go after this" he said with a small smile. I nod and follow his order simply.

"Are you free tomorrow?" I asked as we hold hands, walking by the street with the mesmerising garden view.

"Well, I guess I am. Why?" he asked, glancing at me. I shrugged.

"Maybe we can hangout, if you want" I suggested with a big smile on my lips. He took another glance at me before quickly ask.

"Don't you have practice tomorrow?" he asked.

"I still have few more days so I can cheat for a day to hangout with you" I smile sheepishly. He quickly shake his head.

"No. You need to work hard so you can pass the next stage" he reminded. I sighed, pouting slightly.

"I know, but it has been so long since we last spend time together. And now since you're free, I really want to meet you more" I confessed. He sighed, stopping in the middle of the street, wrapping his arms around my waist as he look into my eyes.

"I'll come to your practice room tomorrow and watch you practice, okay? Don't waste your time for nothing" he said, rubbing my waist in a slow motion. The position he put me in definitely create butterflies in my stomach but the way he talked as if our relationship was nothing made me feel a slight pain on my chest.

"Okay" I gave in, pulling out my best smile. He nod, raising his hand to caress my lips. Everything was in a slow motion before he lean in.

That time, I realised that it really is happening.

As seconds past by, our gap was closed by his lips touching mine. The way his soft lips caress mine, melt me down to the core. I sigh in the kiss as his tantalizing lips engulf mine, putting a lot of passion and slightly rough with the kiss.

I was in cloud nine.

He broke the kiss after a solid minute to let me catch my breath. My cheeks immediately reddens when he has a lazy smirk on his lips.

"You like that?" he asked, teasingly.

"Stop" I quickly said, looking away. He chuckled lightly before wrapping one of his arms around my waist and brought me back home.

{End of Chapter 21}
Oopsie😂 Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote! Seee yaa.