▪️Chapter 17

Edited

Edited.

"Here" Vernon placed a cup of drink in front of me before sitting across from me. I look up at him, taking the cup in my hands.

"Thank you" I murmured. He nod, sipping his own drinks.

"Why do you want to meet me? I need to help Woozi with lyrics later so we need to be quick" he said, straightfoward.

"Well, I just want to say that I miss you" I smile shyly. My smile drop as soon as I heard him sigh.

"Are you kidding me? I have a lot of things to do, Haera. You can just tell me that you miss me during the call" he sighed.

I can feel a slight pain on my chest when I heard his reply. I thought he's excited to meet me, too.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought that it's fine to meet you before my stage" I said quietly looking at my hands that is wrapping the cup firmly.

I even asked the stylist to get me ready early so I could meet him with my stage outfit.

"I'm sorry, baby. I shouldn't say that" he said quickly, holding my cold hands. I look up at him.

"And, of course I want to meet you but I'm just, busy lately. You know that my comeback promotion just started last week" he said with apologetic eyes.

"It's fine. I'm sorry for bothering you" I said with the brightest smile I could manage. As if he took the bait, he give me a small smile, rubbing my shoulder softly.

"You don't have to be sorry" he replied before standing up.

"I really need to go now. I'll give you a call if I'm done early, okay?" he said, once again with that sympathetic and apologetic eyes. I nod.

"Okay, see you" I waved slightly before he turn to walk away. As soon as he's out of my sight, I let out a small sigh.

I grab my phone that was placed on table and checked my reflection with the camera.

"He don't even compliment my make up" I said to myself before getting up from the chair. I walk out of the cafeteria with my head hanging low.

"Leave him" a familiar voice stated as I saw a pair of feet in front of me, making me stop my track and look up.

It's him.

"Huh?" was all I managed to say. He sighed, stepping closer towards me.

"I know you're dating Vernon" he stated, deep and low but clear enough for me to hear. My eyes widen in shock.

How did he-

"And I know you're dating someone else also" he continued, looking at me as if he won some game.

"So leave Vernon and focus on your boyfriend, before the company finds out" he added. I look at him with my mouth gaped open.

Before I could even reply, he has left me alone in the empty hallway.

What did he mean by dating someone else also? I'm only with Vernon, and most importantly, how did he know?

I walk all the way back to the waiting room, lowkey sad.

Why did I ask Vernon to meet when I know that he's having a comeback at the moment? I sigh loudly.

"Why are you sighing so loud?" Aira slowly come to sit beside me. I look at her with a sad smile, shaking my head.

"Nothing serious" I replied. She look at me judgingly before sighing as well.

"Is it Vernon again?" she asked confidently. I look at her for a moment before nodding, looking down.

"Did he turn you down again?" she asked a little louder now. I wouldn't mind since there's no one else in the room.

"The way you said again is as if he has been doing it many times" I chuckled bitterly as I look at her. She look at me judgingly.

Oh, he did.

"I mean, he's busy with his schedule, so it's my fault also" I admitted. Aira sigh loudly before holding both of my shoulder to make me turn to her completely.

"I'm starting to feel your relationship with him is getting toxic" she said, looking at me concernly.

"Being busy doesn't make a relationship toxic, Aira" I defended my relationship, looking at her with a slight frown.

"You came to me crying the other day, saying he scolded you for visiting him in his practice room while his members are there. He didn't admit that you're his girlfriend in front of his members, and he even act differently in front of his members while you're there" she started. I look down, knowing where this is going.

"You know how long the members has been together, right? They're like family, but why does he not show you off to them?" she argued.

"It got me thinking that he's not serious with you" she said quietly.

"Aira" I called, pleading her to stop. I know well enough about his sudden change of attitude lately. But I've been convincing myself that he is busy with his schedule and he probably got stressed and accidently spit it on me.

"I'm not trying to break both of you up, but I don't want you to get hurt" she hold both of my hands, looking at me.

"Then what should I do?" I asked, starting to lose hope, but I will surely never give up on this relationship.

I know, Vernon loves me as much as I love him.

"Try to talk it out with him when he's free" she suggested.

"Or if it's because of his busy schedule, maybe you should just wait until his promotion week end" she added. I nod, understanding.

"Thank you, Aira" I look at her with a small smile. She nod, opening her arms wide. My smile went bigger as I got into her arms. She hug me tightly, patting my back.

"Well, it's your fault to pick an idol boyfriend too" she teased jokingly.

"Hey!" I chuckled lightly.

Few hours passed, and we all went home with a heavy heart. Today, two of us is leaving.

"It was a great time with everyone. You guys treated me so well, so I want to thank each one of you for these wonderful months we're together" Sonny said, looking at us with floody eyes.

"I only hope the best for each one of you. Debut as the best! I'll miss you guys" Lea said, chuckling lightly but we all know, despite of their happy smiles, they're both are hurt from the inside.

"Don't say that, dumbass" Soyoung said, holding her tears as she went to her closest friends to hug them tightly.

It must be hard for her since I always see three of them together.

"What are you guys waiting?" Sonny asked with a small laugh, opening her arms wide, as well as Lea. All of us quickly went into their arms for a group hug.

We may only known each other for almost two months, but the connection between us is so strong and wonderful.

It tear me up, thinking of the chances on me leaving them, just like this.

{End of Chapter 17}
Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote. Wait up for the next chapter, see you!