Chapter 9

I was about to ask her a question when I heard a car horn and then turned my head to see something I was dreading.

A girl about twelve or thirteen years old, in the car that was traveling in the left lane, we were in the right lane, was waving frantically, and the bad thing was we were at a traffic light.

"Niall! Niall! Oh my gosh, Niall!" The girl was shouting. Jamie rolled down her window, and shouted back,"Sorry, his not Niall, his name is Nathan!" and rolled her window back up.

"Right Nathan, next question?" Jamie said, she seemed cool and wasn't freaked out or scared at all.

"How are you so calm after what just happened?" I asked her.

"Well, we're still at the traffic light and she's staring at us, so I don't show like I'm freaking out, although in my head, I'm freaking out." I noticed how she bites her lip when she is freaking out.

"Right, ah, good tip. What is your favorite movie?"
"Finding Nemo, Spiderman. Sometimes I'll watch a bit of horror, or action, also, some romance movies."

"This can be the last question. What do you like to do, in your free time?" I asked as we pulled into a parking space at the mall. Time to get this Nathan face on like donkey kong.

"You might not want to keep your hood up, it will seem a bit suspect. I enjoy photography, playing some piano, bake something and then take it to a children's home and spend time with the kids as volunteer work, or whatever I'm able to do."

We got out of the car and began walking to the entrance of the mall. Jamie looked at what I'm wearing and then looked at me dead in they eye.
"Seriously? A shorts?"
"Yes I'm wearing a shorts"
"Did you realize that you have a scar on your knee and anybody will be able to recognize you?"
"Oh, let's go shopping then!" I announced. I mean how bad can it be?

Jamie's POV

We walked into the first clothing shop, not even bothered to look at the name, mainly because I was panicking about Niall. We got the clothes and headed towards the food court.
"Are we still having pizza?" I asked Niall.
"Yeah, we can share a pizza?"
"Sure, there's a sit down place here"
We sat down in the booth and he just stared at me, being me, I stared back. Getting lost in his blue eyes and this time, I'm not looking at a picture.

"I would draw your eyes sometimes" I said. Why in the world would you say that? His going to think your mental. Well, you're kinda halfway there. He didn't say anything, he didn't show any emotion, nothing. Just stared at me.
The staring contest soon broke off when the waitress came.

To say she was working at a pizza restaurant, I would not believe it. The way she dressed she could be some undercover strip model doing the dirties so she could get extra tips to pay for more breast or ass implants. I mean seriously women? There's kids here and nobody wants to see your tushy wushy or your implants when you bend. I knew from them, her fakes, she's going to go for Niall and I would not be pleased.

"Welcome, what can I get you to drink?" A mixed between a manly and female voice said. Oh shit. I didn't even realize this is actually a guy. Whoops.

"A water for me please" I replied with a smile on my face.
"And for you hun?" Niall's face went pale.
"The same please" He replied with a shaky voice.
"And to eat?" We said our order and he left. We ate and talked until the waiter came back with the bill. I payed for the bill while Niall was in the bathroom. He came out and his face was pale again.
"What's wrong, what happened?" I asked him worried
"Firstly, still freaked out by the waiter and secondly, we've been noticed. This guy came up to me with his daughter and started speaking in some language, sounded like German and asked for a photo I think" I panicked, because getting noticed was not on the agenda.
"It's not German, it's Afrikaans, it's one of the official languages of South Africa. The word lekker? That's Afrikaans."

We were walking to the car when I saw camera flashes. I wasn't supposed to be around flashing bright lights, such as in clubs and stuff and I knew what was going to happen. I could feel the blood drain from my face, I was probably pale already.
"Niall, can you carry me to the car please?" I asked him. My voice weak, he didn't hesitate, and he scooped me up, just like the way he did when I was knocked over. They were coming closer and I felt weak even in his arms. "Niall, you need to drive. Call Riley and tell him to meet us outside the stadium."

We got in the car and I was gone. Lights out. Niall tried keeping me awake, but I couldn't stay awake. I was out cold. My brain too tired to even think, my eyes too tired to open and my body too weak to function.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
BADABADA WHATSUPPPPP!!!

Well, what do you think?? Yep, comment and vote and I'll love you even more!
SPREAD THE LOVE!!

Remember that I love you all!!
Jamie 💃🌺

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me. ⚾️