Chapter twenty six

Flashback to the night when Lena knocked on Kara's apartment

"Kara we have to talk" Lena went inside the apartment. Kara offered her coffee,
Luthor took it and sipped a little, then she sat on the couch "it's about Diego, he's acting strange, and about the case, there are so many holes to the story that need to be filled in!" Kara nodded her head "Please dont hate me about this but I think Diego is somehow connected to the case" Kara kept nodding her head "I mean, how could Corey know when to attack? How did he know we were out of town? Only Diego knew!"

"You think Diego is behind this?"

"he was the one who sent 100,000 to Alyssa's account, I had winn to check it" Lena waited for Kara's reaction, as she predicted Kara turned pale

"There is no way-" Kara stopped taking deep breath "He would never"

"No, I don't think so either" Kara looked more confused "I know this sounds super crazy, but I think someone is trying to set up him and take his place" Kara's eyes went wide "think... Diego told us about some strange happenings, that could be explained only by that, because we know he didnt do those things. Sometimes Diego isn't wearing his ring, but sometimes he does"

Kara sighed "I suspected the same thing"
Lena furrowed her brows confusedly
"Today... when I told him about Sarah's Dream university, It wasn't Harvard, but Oxford" Lena smiled "If he was really Diego he would correct me, that's the man he is. I had my suspicions but I didn't think it would be right, I mean it's pretty crazy! But now you said the same thing and I'm not so sure anymore"

Lena sighed happily "I thought you were gonna hate me for suspecting Diego, I'm sorry I checked his bank account"

"No, I'm glad you did that" Kara smiled

"Yesterday I called Winn, and asked him if anything else was taken from the DEO during Coreys attack, I asked him to check Diego's files, but guess what?"

"His files were missing too" Kara finished

"Bingo"

Kara dropped on the couch, sighting
"What should we do now?"

Lena thought, and kept quiet one moment
Then she quietly spoke up
"Let's analyze things first" Kara nodded
"If we are right, and someone is planning on taking his place, then he should look like him at least, or how could he do those kind of things?"

"You think it's an alien?" Kara asked

"I don't think, I know it's an alien, an alien who can change appearance" Lena continued "so, if that's the case, Diego isn't safe, even in his own house, what should we do?"

They sat for couple of minutes, thinking hard, And suddenly Luthor spoke up
"We can send him to jail" Kara looked at her dumbfounded

"We can what?"

"No, think! Its the best place he can be safe, and I think alien wants to kill him, so it would interrupt his plans! Police will arrest him on suspicion, not on the real reason, and when we catch the real kidnapper, then they will release Diego, but if we are wrong, they still can't keep him in jail, I will make sure of that"
Kara looked at Lena still dumbfounded

"Lena you're so smart I could kiss you right now" And she hugged Luthor, then suddenly realizing what she just said, Danvers froze, her face turning deep crimson red why can't a meteor hit me right now, or a ground swallow me she thought. Luthor was blushing too. She looked at Kara in the eyes, then at Her lips, she wanted to say "then why can't you, you coward?" But the phone rang,
Lena shook her head and looked at the id
And accepted the call

"Hey Winn" Lena sighed, Kara took the moment to stop her blushing "yes, thank you, you did a good job" After call ended
Luthor looked at Danvers
"I had Winn check some files of the building Diego brought, I think the doppelgänger brought that building and they are keeping Ms Alyssa Blake there"

And so, the next three days, Kara and Lena planned the case, they called Diego, and told him that he had to go to jail, so he could be safe, after the case would end they would explain everything to him, being the trusting guy he was he accepted it. Luthor and Danvers planned every little detail, and when he was arrested they filled Sarah in too. They even knew Corey would be in the building, but they needed to see ms blake, so they went along with it.

Present time

"How did you figure it out?" Henry asked. Kara looked at Lena and nodded her head. Luthor sighed and spoke up

"Let me start from the beginning"