It's Just Business

-From Joker's POV-

WHAT IN THE HELL IS Y/N DOING AT MY CLUB DANCING? AND OF ALL NIGHTS, TONIGHT. WHEN I HAD MEN OVER FOR BUSINESS. I can feel my temper reaching new heights as everyone at the table gawks at Y/n dancing and Y/ n eats it up. "J, get a load of that one!" one of the idiots at my table says pointing to Y/n.

"Mhmm. She's something new. Since when did you start getting classy broads in here man?" one of the other ones asks me, laughing. I slam my fist on the table, causing everyone to bring their attention back to me and causing a couple glasses on the table to wobble.

"She's not a dancer here." I say annoyed, but still making eye contact with her. I take my eyes back and move them to the men who are now all watching me with wide eyes. "Now back to what we were sayin-" I get cut off by the sounds of stilettos and then the voice of Y/n.

"Hope you enjoyed my grand entrance, gentlemen." she says as she looks around at everyone at the table and smiles at them. She then looks up and looks around for a buss boy. "What does a girl gotta do to get a chair 'round here?" she says. Of course, the idiots that they are, a bunch of the men start offering her their seat and she smiles and gently declines.

"Well, get the lady a chair??" one of the men sitting near me says. I snap my glare over to him before raising my hand in the air and snapping it. Right away, a worker comes over with a chair. Y/n thanks him and sits down gracefully before clearing her throat.

"Now let me properly introduce myself this time, gentlemen. I go by Overkill." she says. As to why she's not telling them her real name? Who knows. But I'm assuming it's because Zsazs is attached to it. She smiles at everyone, and then makes eye contact with me and holds that smile. "I am a business partner of Mr.J." she says. They all look to her and then back to me. I clear my throat to break up the silence.

"Yes, yes she is." I say dryly. They all look back to her, expecting a response, but she just shakes her head and puts her arms up.

"Why so serious? Don't mind me that much boys. Go back to whatever it was that you were talking about." she suggests. A few of them turn back and adjust their ties, bringing back the previous topic at hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-From your POV-

I could tell Joker was pissed all the way off and would probably have something to say about it later but what could I say? I do what I do. Usually, I would never be this much of an immature-ass, I'd be serious and stone-cold, but J took that role so it was my turn to take his role. And that's exactly what I did. I played with a pen that was sitting in front of me while listening to their conversation. I heard one of the men make a stupid proposal and it shifted my attention right away from the pen. "What's your name?" I ask the man who suggested it. They all turn their attention back to me.

"Me? Jackson Maroni." he says, extending his hand out to me to shake it. I don't shake it; I just keep rolling the pen between my pointer finger and thumb as I stare at him blankly.

"Do you want to insult my partner and I's intelligence, Jackson?" I interrogate. Everyone else goes quiet and their eyes switch from being on me to Jackson.

"Uh- I... no?" he spits out.

"Mmmm. Well, Jackson, it seems like you are. I mean, really, $20k to take out a cop during a mayoral inauguration? Really? I mean guys, is nobody at this table a trained assassin?" I ask. I look around the table and see everyone watching me with wide eyes and lightly shaking their heads no. Well, almost everyone. "Ohhh. Amateurs? Hm. Okay. Well, I am a trained assassin-" I begin before another man cuts me off.

"You? A pretty lil' dancer, an assassin? Yeah, and I'm Batman." one of them mocks. I dart my eyes over to him as he laughs. Nobody else at the table is laughing, they're all just watching him like dogs with tails between their legs watching a bunny rabbit enter the den of a lion. "Who trained you, almighty assassin?" he asks me. I smile at him before answering.

"Victor Zsazs." I say flatly. His laughing and his grin drop in a millisecond as his straight face returns and he clears his throat. "No no no, why did you stop laughing? Do it again." I encourage him as he grows more aware of the mistake he's made. I pull the mini-dagger out from my thigh band and open it, pointing it towards him. "No, c'mon now, don't be shy, laugh some more." I say. He looks at the blade and then pushes out a few chuckles and I join him, doing my best Joker laugh. We laugh for a few seconds before I drop that act and throw the dagger at him. It lands directly over where his heart is and he quickly falls to the table. Everyone looks at his body and then back to me. I reach over and tug the dagger out of his chest, using the whiskey he was drinking to clean off my knife. I pick up the cup and stir the drink around with it, regaining everyone's attention. I lean back, kicking my leg up, folding one over the other and top it off with a smile. "Now, where were we?" I ask.

After 2 long hours, the meeting concluded and I was able to re-negotiate the stupid deal Joker was about to agree to. I got the pay upped to 60 stacks and the time to be done tomorrow night, not during a huge public event. Joker had ordered for workers to start escorting people out of the club, so the only people left in there were a few workers, cleaning up, and a few of the other men at the meeting leaving. I stood up from my chair and tucked the dagger back into my thigh band. All of the sudden I hear heavy footsteps approach me and then a familiar growling voice in my ear. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Joker says. He is mad. I turn to face him.

"According to the shrink, APD, remember?" I say. He puts his hand up to my chin, cupping it in his hand.

"If we were in public right now I would be choking you instead." he spits out. I smile at his words.

"You have to take me out to dinner before that, silly." I tease. He yanks his hand from my chin and starts a glaring contest with me.

"I mean, most people say 'thank you' when you make them more money." I say as I shake my head and fold my arms, still grinning.

"You have a lot of nerve, don't you." he says, still angry.

"I have a lot of free time is what I have." I say. His angry scowl starts to dissolve as he throws his head down and starts laughing. He takes a step closer to me so we are now inches apart. He leans his head down, closing the gap even more.

"Doll, you just got yourself an assassination gig tomorrow." he says with a smile on his face. I smile back at him.

"Obliged." our weird standoff is interrupted by a young man who was also at the meeting table coming over.

"Excuse me, Overkill? Hi, I'm Bones." he stretches his hand out to me and I shake it. He had a suit on but when his arm stretched out, I could see that he had his arms fully tattooed with black, creating a skeleton effect. This man was attractive. Like he's gon' make me act up attractive. He was probably around 6'2" with platinum blonde hair that was short, cut very dapper-like, but still quite wavy. He had green eyes and his ears were pierced along with his nose. I could tell through his suit that he was quite muscular.

"I would tell you my name again but you already know it. Nice to meet you." I say with a smile. I can see Joker tensing up again out of the corner of my eye. Oh Bones, welcome to my game.