Doll and Bones Sittin' in a Tree

-From your POV-

Just because I hadn't been sleeping with Bones for the past week didn't mean I wasn't talking to him. We were actually having normal conversations. Tattoo talk, general interests, normal conversations. It was seldom that I had those. In the max pen facility, it was a bunch of looneys and gang-bangers and at home, it was Joker. And that explains itself. I would actually consider Bones and myself friends by now.

I sat on the end of my bed and was tapping through my phone mindlessly when I was getting a call from Bones. I furrowed my eyebrow and then answered. "Bones?" I answer.

" Up to help with a gig? I uh, not exactly as well trained as you are..." he muttered out.

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. We can discuss tonight... over dinner?" he suggests.

"Nope. See you at the club, 9 PM." I say, looking at my nails.

"You miss every shot you don't shoot." he says. I chuckle and then hang up. I decide to get dressed into some work out clothes to go train. I hadn't worked out in quite a while and I was past due for one. On my way to the workout room in the basement, I stopped in J's office.

"Hey, just wanted to let you know Bones has a business proposition for us tonight. Meeting at the club, 9 PM." I say as I fiddle with my hair, putting it up and out of my face. He was standing in the middle of his office, in a suit, arms crossed and serious look on his face. His eyes were examining me closely before he spoke.

"A proposition for us or for you?" he asks in a pointed tone.I tilt my head and cross my arms.

"Us." I say. A smile slowly creeps across his face.

"Doll, don't be naive. If I show up, will he be surprised?" he asks. I sigh, as I can feel myself starting to get annoyed.

"Even if he is, I don't care. What happened to business partners? Do you want me to cut you in or not?" I ask.

"Mmm. Are you two really business associates just doing business?" he asks. I hate when people beat around the bush.

"What do you want to know if he's my boyfriend?" I ask. He doesn't move his face. Just keeps smiling in amusement. I stand up straight, fixing my posture. "Do you really want to know?" I ask. His tilted heads shifts so it is now upright. I walk closer to him so we are now face to face. "I fucked him the night I met him. Left his back so scratched the skin was raw. He left bruises on my neck, as you remember." I started whispering in a low tone, keeping eye contact with him. "But the thing is, he likes me so much that he's so wrapped around my finger he hasn't caught on that I have no feelings for him." I finish. I now have a smile come across my face and J just starts laughing.

"Sounds like a boyfriend." he says. I shake my head slowly.

"Relationships are traps. They either never begin in the first place or they last so long the toxicity comes out." I say with a small chuckle. I then turn halfway to start leaving again.

"One day, one day you'll show weakness, doll face." he says through a chuckle.

"Yep. And it'll be the day I die." I say before leaving the room completely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-From Joker's POV-

So she slept with him only once and he was this infatuated? What a moron. Y/n was no doubt.... different. A beauty. But she was deadly. She was dangerous. She was toxic. I have no doubt that when she was a spy and had a male target, she preyed on them similar to Bones. I had no problem with her getting so wrapped with him. None at all. It just solidified in my mind to never get involved with her. Her mindless flirting, her outfits, her games. All of it. As appealing as it is, it could never happen. We could never happen. I enjoyed looking at her but getting involved with her would be the death of me. We both have nasty tempers and lock horns far too often. I just tossed my head back slightly and giggled. "Oh doll."