Welcome to My Crib

-From your POV-

I woke up early on purpose so I had time to pack up my stuff. I had just finished stripping my bed and stacking all the decorations from my room near the door when I heard a knock. "Come in!" I shouted. In stepped J, who honestly looked like he hadn't slept much from the night before. 

"Packed up already? What are you, eager to leave me?" he says. He gives me a small smile but I can tell he's fighting something right now. I give him a small smile.

"Nope, just eager to get to my horses." I joke as I continue pulling my clothes out of the closet. 

"I uh, I called for trucks to come down and move your stuff for you. My men will help with the carrying so all you have to do is point where you want stuff and it's done." he tells me. I set down the last stack of clothes and then turn to him.

"Thank you." I give him a small smile and our eyes just gaze at each other for a minute before he tilts his head.

"Did you just say 'thank you'?" he says in amusement. I roll my eyes.

"Boo. You ruined it." I say as I pick the stack of clothes off the floor and carry them over to an open box, dropping them in. "You know, I still plan on doing business with you, right? You have my number, my new address, I'm still going to come to the club sometimes." I tell him. 

"So what I'm hearing is I can show up to your house uninvited?" he jokes. I throw one of my pillows at him.

"No of course not, you idiot." I say. He just laughs and places the pillow down near the stack of stuff at the door. Men started coming in and taking the boxes outside to the trucks. I just stood in the middle of my empty room with my arms crossed and he stood next to me. "So is this what starting a new chapter is like?" I say. 

"Yeah, I guess it is." he says. I turn my head to him.

"Well that means this has been one hell of a chapter." I say to him with a chuckle. "T-word, you, for jump starting it all for me." I say to him in a more serious tone. Our eyes had met again.

"Consider it a friendly favor." he says with a soft smile. I know I shouldn't, I really do. But I do it anyways. I stretch my neck up some so our faces are level and I kiss him on the lips. He hesitates before kissing back and then when he finally does, he deepens the kiss. I really want to wrap my arms around his neck and run my hands through his hair, but I know that would only make it worse than it already was. I desperately wanted to lean into the kiss and close the rest of the gap between us and I could tell that he wanted to put his hands on my waist, but both of us knew better. Our kiss was interrupted when Scott came in for the last of the items . We both pulled away and looked at Scott who was looking at us. 

"I'm just here for the area rug." he says as he rolls it up and throws it over his shoulder and leaves the room. I look back to J and sigh. 

"I guess that's my cue. See you round." I say as I walk out of the room. 

I got into my car after Scott and I agreed I would just follow the trucks to the house. We arrived and there were no other houses around for quite some time. It was only about 20 minutes from Joker's house, so it wasn't in the middle of nowhere, but still I would be quite lonely if he hadn't hired me a small staff. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After about 8 hours and many different truckloads, the men had finished making runs into the city buying furniture and loading it off into the house. It was now fully furbished. They also took the courtesy of going to the grocery store and buying the typical stuff. So now the house was fully furbished, my closet was organized, and the pantry and fridge were both full. 

I poured myself a drink and stood in the living room and just took it all in. I had thanked the men who helped me move and watched them leave. About 4 of them stayed behind. "So I take it he hired you?" I ask. They all nod and don't say anything. I look at them. "Well you can talk??" I tell them I set down my drink on the coffee table and walk around them, inspecting them. 2 of them were probably in their 40s and had scarred faces, signaling they had seen some shit, they were named Matches and Marks. The third one was in his 30s and was often seen around J's house with Scott; his name was T. I have no idea why he chose to go by that, but I didn't care. And the last one was just around my age, maybe three, four years older? And he was new to the henchmen business. He hadn't yet picked out a nickname or an alias or anything to go by yet. "No name yet?" I asked him and he thought about it for a second.

"My friends used to call me JJ." he says. The other three henchmen look at him and my jaw tightens a little. He doesn't know. He's new, remember?

"Mmm. No. Something else." I tell him. He thinks again for a minute. 

"Blue." he says.

"Blue?" I think it's kind of a dumb name if you ask me, but whatever. He nods and I sigh as I look at all four of them.

"Matches, Marks, T, and Blue. I'm your boss. Just call me boss, I don't really care that much to be honest. And please, for the love of God, I am not going to be a tight ass like he was so, like, loosen up dude." I say to them. The three of them let out a breath and slouch their posture slightly but Blue just watches in slight confusion. "Now, I'll have a schedule of who's taking turns working overnight figured out by tomorrow, but it's late. Go home." They start putting their jackets on and finding their car keys. They smile and nod to me as they say goodbye and shuffle out. The last one out was Bones.

"Are you sure you're fine staying alone?" he asks me. I chuckle and pick my drink back up.

"You're not from here, are you?" I ask him. Based on the slight accent he has and the lack of background knowledge I can tell he's not a Gotham native.

"Originally from Montreal, boss." he says. I raise my eyebrows.

"What the dragged you to this hell hole then?!" I ask in shock. He shrugs.

"Wanted to get out and go experience something. So one night, I randomly picked a train and it ended up here. Was at a club when I heard some guy talking about a henchman job and I needed the money, so I found out more. And voila, here I am." he explains. I nod my head.

"Well, Blue, I am an assassin." I say, expecting his facial expression to either switch to shock or fear, or both. 

"Really?" he says.

"Yes. And I'm on the FBIs most wanted list so this is my hideout. My father is a notorious assassin, I'm a clinical sociopath, and if you ever tell anyone who you work for or reveal any information about your job," I say in one breath. I then put a hand to the side of my mouth and whisper: "I have to kill you." he just nods in understanding.

"I would've never guessed someone so beautiful was so deadly." he says. I lightly grin.

"I would've never guessed someone who just find out I'm a sociopathic assassin  would flirt with me." I say back.

"What can I say?" he shrugs. "I'm honest." he says proudly. I shake my head.

"Never be proud of being honest. Honesty kills." I say as I take another sip.

"Isn't pathological lying part of the sociopath package?" he says. I choke on my drink as I start laughing.

"Oh, Blue. You should go home." I say. He just nods.

"Goodnight, boss." and turns and leaves towards the door.

So I trade out one pompous ass for another??