Dragon Tattoo

-From Joker's POV-

I woke up when I heard a voice and knocking at the door. Y/n is fast asleep and I don't want whatever moron is at the door to wake her, so I find my boxer briefs from the floor and slide them on and go open the door. My footsteps were quiet, the only thing making noise was the slight clinking of my chains. I cracked open the door and peered down. It was Scott and his eyes were wide. "What do you want." I snapped out.

"I- uh, Boss." he stutters out. "I came here, to ask- to ask .. her if she had seen you, I was looking for you." he finishes.

"Does it not seem that I am busy?" I ask annoyed. His mouth just stays open, like the moron he is, and he doesn't respond right away. "Unless this is a life or death situation, leave before I count to three." I say to him. Before I even get to 2, he scurries off down the hallway. I close the door quietly and slip back into the bed. Y/n is laying on her side, facing away from me so I lay on my side facing in that same direction and wrap an arm around her and close my eyes.

"What was his reaction?" Y/n says groggily.

"Shocked, but I'm not sure why." I mumble out half-asleep.

"Well I mean the cat's out the bag." she says back.

"Mmm I think everyone knew about us before we even did, doll." I say as I bury my face in her hair.

"Mhm. I guess when you said that this was bound to happen there was some truth to that." she hums out.

"Some?!" I ask. She giggles, causing me to smile. It goes quiet and we both drift back off to sleep, ignoring the world around us.

We both woke up again some few hours later in the same position we fell asleep in. When my eyes opened, I noticed I had a up close view of the dragon tattoo now. I started tracing it with my finger. "Interested in it, I see." she yawns from over her shoulder. My finger runs over the eye of it where I notice a small x-shaped scar. "There's a whole story behind it." she says. I continue running my hand down the body of the drag and realize everywhere there's a scale, there's a scar.

"Mind if I ask, doll?" I ask out of curiosity. She lets out a deep breath and another yawn before she starts.

"19 and in love, with some stupid street thug. Well, I thought I was in love with him. He played me like a flute and manipulated and lied to me at every chance he had, no reasons necessary. One day, I was ready to leave him and he didn't like that. I ran away from the apartment we shared but he sent goons to go get me and bring me back to his apartment where he went off the deep end. He had the mentality that if he can't have me, nobody can so he had a bomb set in his apartment and didn't negotiate with police at all. Blew the entire apartment to hell, killing himself, his two goons, and almost killing me. See I just got my back shredded by debris from the explosion and was supposed to be dead. The escaping death thing wasn't what made me get the tattoo, I hated people looking at the scarring and seeing me as a victim. Being seen as a victim implies vulnerability and that, simply not an option. So I got something scary and bad ass to cover it. A dragon." she finishes explaining. I run my fingers from her shoulder blade to her shoulder and then down her arm, wrapping my arms back around her. I buried my face back in her hair again and gave her a light kiss on the top of her head."

"You do something to me, Y/n." I say as I close my eyes and just focus on how much I'm enjoying this comfort. She laid there for a few more minutes before slowly getting up and going into her bathroom. I rolled over so I was laying flat on my back and I could see her in her bathroom, just out of the corner of my eye. She was getting dressed so I took that as a signal to get up. I groaned as I got up to my feet. She turned her head to me.

"Shower is yours if you need it. Or if you want me to creep to your room and bring you back fresh clothes." she laughs.

"Well, I mean , this is my own house and everyone here is afraid of me." I say as I stroll over to her.

"So you're going to do the walk of shame in your own house?" she teases.

"Hahaha. Yes, actually. Though I'm more proud than I am ashamed, doll." I grin at her in the mirror as I hang my head over her shoulder. She just chuckles and shakes her head. "Glad to see you finally pulled that pole out." I say over my shoulder as I begin picking up my clothes.

"Me??" she says.

"Mhmmm. Who knew a sociopath could smile this much." I say, sliding on my pants. "Or maybe it wasn't that you pulled the pole out, it's this d-" I started to tease.

"Don't finish that sentence." she say as she tossed my shirt at me. I laughed and slid it on over my head.

"I like you, doll." I say as I stand face to face with her, only about 3 inches of space between us.

"Most sensible people do." she says. I laugh and then turn and start leaving her room. "I have business later tonight at the club. Heist planning. You're welcome to join." I say before I close the door and walk down to my bedroom so I can shower and get changed. On the way down the hallway, I find Scott sitting outside my bedroom door. He jumps to his feet when he sees me.

"Boss! So earlier- " he begins.

"Be more specific." I tell him flatly.

"Right. When I interrupted you earlier... can I ask?" he hesitates. Right away, I shoot back an answer.

"Absolutely not now go away." I say as I open the door to my room and then close it behind me.I go into my bathroom and shower. I noticed the water causes a series of stings and throbbing on my back. When I get out, I twist to the side and see it in the mirror. Holy shit, doll. The long streaks of nail marks varied from shades of crimson to faint pink. They all stood out against the skin of my pale back. I found a suit out of my closet and put it on, slightly wincing when the fabric clung to the scrapes and scratches on my back.

I sat in my office counting out stacks of money and documenting it all before it went in the safe when doll waltzed in. She was wearing another black body suit, similar to the one she wore the other night. I smiled and stopped counting when I saw her come in. "Doll face, to what do I owe this surprise?" I giggled in amusement. She sat down in one of the chairs on the other side of my desk.

"I'm going into the city today so if you could do what you do best and arranged for an armored vehicle and some henchies." she says as she crosses her legs and leans back in the chair, masking herself comfortable. I smile even wider in excitement at what she was asking.

"Of course doll, anything you want consider it done. How many men d'you need?" I ask her.

"Not many. Only 3. All suited up and one for me too please. Gotta fit the role." she says.

"Blending in, are we?" I ask her.

"Well it's not necessarily a violent work mission. More of a personal thing." she says calmly. I can tell she doesn't want or need me to come, so I decide to not to pry by asking more. Before I can say anything, Scott comes walking into the office, looking down at a clipboard, not paying attention to what's around him

"Boss, I found those apartments and other listings you asked me to find for her." he says before looking up and noticing she was in the room. His face drains of color and his eyes widen. FUCK. Dammit. I forgot about what I asked him. She squints her eyes slightly.

"'Her' as in me??" she questions.