Renewed hope*

Glenn steps out of the car.

"Shut it off." Dale says holding his ears.

"I can't" Glenn says.

"Pop the hood now." Shane yells.

Shane does something under the hood and the noise stops. The kids and I get out of the RV. Carl goes to Lori and I go to Glenn.

"Hey it's good to see you back." I say wrapping him in a hug.

"Good to see you to." He says hugging me back.

"Where's everyone else are they coming back? Is Andrea?" Amy asked.

"Yeah yeah everyones okay. Well not Merle so much but everyone else." Glenn said.

Before I could ask about Merle. Shane starts in on Glenn.

"Are you outta your damn mind driving that wailing bastard up here?"

"I think were okay. Alarm was echoing all over the hills. Hard to pin point. But it wouldn't hurt you to think things through." Dale says to Glenn.

"Sorry" Glenn says. "Got a cool car though."

I couldn't help but laugh Glenn and Amy joined in. Earning me a disapproving look from Shane.

The truck arrives bring back everyone else.

Amy runs up to Andrea hugging her.

Morales gets out and is greeted by his wife and children.

I see Carl with Lori he's crying I know he's watching the Morales family and thinking about dad.

"Your a welcome site."Dale says to Morales. "We thought we lost you folks."

"How did you get out of there anyway?" Shane asks.

"New guy got us out. Come say hello helicopter boy." Morales yells.

I can't believe my eyes,or catch my breath when I see who they are talking about.

"Oh my god Amara,Carl?" He says crying running towards us.

We took off for him at the same time.

"Daddy" I yelled hugging his neck as he pulled me and Carl close.

He kisses and hugs both of us. All three crying hard. Lori comes over shocked Carl and I step back and let them have a moment. They kiss and hug then dad comes right back to me and Carl.

"We thought you were dead daddy." I say crying.

"No baby I'm here. I love you both so much." He said kissing our heads again.

Dad turns to Shane thanking him for keeping us safe. That's when I realize Shane lied to me. He told us dad was dead. I glared at Shane and he dropped his head.

Later that night sitting around the fire. Dad told us all about what happened when he woke up in the hospital.

"Shane and mom said you died dad." Carl says.

"They had every reason to believe that you two" he said looking from me to Carl "dont ever doubt it."

"From the looks of the hospital it got pretty bad" Dad said.

"Looks don't deceive man. I barely got them out." Shane says looking at me.

"I'll never be able to repay you for saving them Shane I dont know what to say." Dad says putting his arm around Carl and I.

"There goes word falling short again" Dale says.

Shane notices Ed had added another log to his fire after being asked to keep the flames low not to draw attention.