Walls*

Rick's POV

I had been watching for awhile. How Amara was struggling with whatever had happened with her and Daryl. I always said I'd never get involved in my children's personal relationships.

However it had gotten to the point where I couldn't watch her cry herself to sleep anymore and not say anything.

"Daryl, could I talk to you?"

"Yeah."

"Look I don't know what's happening with you and Amara, and I don't need to know everything. I can't continue to watch her struggle. If it's over end it and let it be done. If theres a problem and it's not over work it out. Your my friend Daryl and I love you like a brother. But thats my little girl and I can't watch her struggle anymore. Okay?"

"Alright." Was all he said before walking away.

I walked over to check on Amara. She was still sleeping soundly. Though her face was puffy from crying. I bent down kissed her forehead. Then went to check on Carl and Judy who were both sleeping soundly.

Amara's POV

I awoke to Daryl walking back and forth. Between where I slept and the door. Suddenly I saw him bolt for the door. Trying to hold it closed. It didn't take long to realize there was walkers and alot of them. I ran to the door holding it as much as possible. We shared a scared glance before focusing back on the door. Sasha and Maggie were the next to run up. Followed closely by dad and the rest of the group.
We struggled to keep them at bay. Thoughts of Judy, Carl, dad and Daryl playing through my head.

Daryl and I stood pushing on the door staring at each other. I was afraid to blink. As much as he continued to hurt me. A world without him in it was not something I ever wanted to face.

One by one the walkers seemed to disappear.

Daryl's POV

Eventually the herd must have moved on. Everyone started going back to there spots. I looked at Amara wanting to say something, but nothing would come out. She gave me a sad smile and walked away. Back to where Rick, Carl and Judith lay.

Hours later I was sitting by the back wall. Just watching the doors. Listening for the slightest noise. I saw Maggie stir and walk back to where I was.

"You should get some sleep. Its ok to rest now." She said.

"Yeah."

Maggie looked to Sasha.
"He was tough."

"Yeah he was. So was she. She didn't know it but she was."

"Daryl did something happen between you and Beth? You've been diffrent since....you know."

"No nothing like that. She just became like a best friend. She called me on my shit. Gave me some pretty solid advice. Kept me hopeful I'd see Amara again."

I looked to where she was laying.

"I feel like I let her down. I should have kept looking. But I was so happy when I found Amara. Thats all I wanted was to stay with her. Then when Carol and I found Beth, and she died..........."

"I chose to stay with Amara and gave up looking. God help me apart of me blames Amara for that. And I don't know how to make it stop."

"You can't do that to yourself or Amara Daryl. It's no more her fault than it is yours. Neither of you are to blame. I went straight for Glenn first. She's my sister I love her so much. Glenn consumes me love is not even good enough to describe how I feel about him. So if your at fault for loving and wanting to stay with Amara. Then what's that say of me?"