shots grazing*

The next day I decided not to volunteer to go with Daryl. Instead I said I would cook and clean the kitchen after breakfast.

Beth Maggie's younger sister was going to help to. It was actually nice Beth was just a year younger than me so we had alot in common. We started singing a song.

Next thing you know where singing and dancing around the kitchen looking crazy I'm sure.

Daryl's POV

I walked into the house to grab some kind of food to take with me into the woods today. I stopped in the doorway when I saw Amara and the youngest Greene girl singing and dancing around cooking breakfast.

I couldn't help the smile on my face. It was the first time. I'd heard her sing and it was really beautiful. She looked like she was having a good time. I watched a little longer. Then backed away and left so not to disturb them.

Amara's POV

Feeling like someone was staring I stopped and turned towards the door just as it was shutting. I didn't think much of it and went back to cooking and messing around with Beth. It almost felt normal like the world hadn't gone to shit.

After breakfast cooking and cleaning. I went down and spent some time with Carl playing games and running around. We played until Lori called for him to go do some schoolwork. She was still teaching him. Not wanting him to miss out on an education.

"Hey you?" Glenn said. Hugging my shoulders.

"Hey stranger?" I said.

"I have to tell you something" he said.

"Okay?"

"I had sex with Maggie."

I chuckled a little. "What? When?"

"When we went on that run the other day."
Before I could think of anything to say.

Walker! Walker! Andrea yelled from the top of the RV.

I walked up to where Shane and dad was standing.

"Wait is that Daryl?" Glenn asked.

My heart sank as I realized he was right. I took off running yelling his name.

"Amara!" Dad and Shane yelled running behind me.

Shane's arm came around my waist holding me back.

Dad went forward gun raised.

"You gona shot me or what?"

I immediately relaxed when I heard him talk. It was short lived though. Not 30 seconds later I hear a gun shot and see him fall.

"No! No! No!" I yelled getting away from Shane and kneeling at his side.

"Please don't be dead Daryl." I said tears falling down my face.

"I was just kidding." He said before he went limp.

Dad checked him. "He's going be okay Amara the bullet just grazed him."

I went from sad to pissed in less than a second. I wanted to pound Andrea she could have killed him.

I walked past dad and Shane caring Daryl and went straight for Andrea.

"Glenn stop her." Dad yelled.

"Oh my god is he dead?" Andrea asked running towards Daryl.

"No but your dumbass almost killed him." I said as I closed the space between us.