Everything changes*

Rick's POV

Amara hadn't talked to me in almost two days. Everytime I tried she walked off. She's disappointed in me and I don't blame her,but I'll do what I have to do to keep them safe.

I walked in on Merle tearing up a mattress.

"Best dope I ever had came from a mattress....this place must have been no fun at all." He said.

"I need your help......

"If we give the governor Michonne Woodbury stands down. I don't like it but it's what needs done and it's gotta be quick and quiet. We need your help with that."

"You tell the others?"

"Only ones that know are Hershal Daryl and Amara. She's not happy with me so."

"He use to slit throats,break necks, slice em up. He'd say gotta save bullets. I never got it........He ain't gona kill her. Just do stuff to her. Cut her eye out maybe both. You'd let him do that?.........hmm you cold as ice officer friendly.

"You ain't got the spine for it Rick."

"We gotta have her to the govenor by noon."

Amara'sPOV

"What is it Merle, I can see you slinking around back there."

"Awful perceptive princess."

"Yeah I suppose. So what is it?"

"You know its for the best."

"Merle if your trying to convince me killing Michonne is the answer I dont wana hear it."

"He's trying to protect everyone. Trying to protect his family."

"Since when are you the sentimental type?"

"Full of layers girl. Would you do what needed to be done to save your kid brother,the baby how bout Daryl."

"There's gotta be another way Merle. This world doesn't have to change us into these kinda people."

"Oh but it does princess this world is changing us all. Changed Daryl or maybe that was you."

"Is that good or bad?"

"Good I guess even though you've made him pussy whooped." He smiled.

"He's a good man. But somewhere in there so are you Merle."

"Naw ol Merle's rotten through and through girl."

"I ain't buying it Merle. We've had some decent conversation. Back at the quarry. You don't let people see the good in you. And maybe there ain't much but its there."

"You better be good to my brother. He dont love alot. So dont go breaking his heart."

"Careful your goods showing Merle."

"I'll catch ya later princess." He kissed my cheek.

"Was he bothering you?" Daryl asked.

"No we were just talking."

"You sure,ye aint gotta say that just cuz he's my brother."

"I know.....I'm not Merle's not all bad."

"Hmm..you'd be the first to think that."

"We've had some decent talks I promise he cares about you. And he's not all bad." I kissed his cheek and walked back inside.

Awhile later we all sat down to dinner.

"Where's Merle and Michonne?"I asked.
"Dad? Where are they?"