CDC disappointments*

After explaining what happened to everyone else and what kind of progress was made. Jenner shows us to the sleeping facilities.

"The couches are comfortable theres also cots in storgae. Theres a game room just don't plug the games in. The hot water is limited so keep showers under 15minutes." Jenner was saying.

"Hot water?" I said smiling at Jenner.

"Thats what the man said T-dog replied looking as excited as I did.

"Hell yes! dibs." I yell running into the first room. Laughing.

The water felt amazing. Of all the things I missed. This is what I missed most.

"Sorry to interupt." I hear Carol say.

"Heres some clean clothes. Jenner let us go through the lockers thought these might fit you."

She sat a pile of clothes on the sink.

"Thanks alot Carol thats great." I said.

"Your welcome sweetie." She said turning and leaving the room.

The clothes Carol brought me actually fit really good. There was shorts,a band tee,panties,socks and even a pair of jeans.

I sat the jeans and socks aside for tommrow and got dressed. Looking in the mirror I actually felt cute again.

I had lost weight and looked tired. But I was clean and wearing fresh clothes. I couldn't be happier.

After brushing my hair I went down to the rec room.

Carol,Sophia,Carl and Lori were there looking for books.

"Amara." Carl yelled running over to give me a hug. "Careful bud I'm a little tipsy we might fall over."

They all laughed. I joined in looking for a book.

"Come on you two." Carol said after she had found them a good book. "Lets go get ready for bed."

I noticed Lori stayed behind. I mentally rolled my eyes waiting for whatever crap was about to come my way.

"Amara is there something going on between you and Shane?"

"No Lori jesus come on."

"Well it certainly looks like there is. He hangs on you constantly. Your father has noticed to."

"I don't know what your noticing but there isn't anything between Shane and I."

"Good keep it that way. You wouldn't want to be the cause of that fall out I'm sure."

"Meaning what Lori?"

"Your father and Shane have been friends for years. Better you don't let your silly teenage hormones ruin that."

"Lori I think it's best you dont let my silly teenage hormones ruin you."

I was right in her face ready to punch her the next words that came out of her mouth.

Shane walked in just as Lori was about to say something else.

"What's going on here?" He asked slurring.

"Are you drunk?" I asked.

"No I'm not drunk." He scoffed.

"Think about it." Lori said as she walked away.

"What was that all about?"

"Just Lori being Lori."

"What she say?"