CDC*

Amara's POV

I watched as Daryl talked with Jim. I didn't think they knew each other enough for this long of a goodbye.

Daryl turned looking at me. I dropped my head. I'm sure I looked like a creeper just standing there watching them.

Shane was kicking rocks around the road mumbling to himself. I wasn't looking forward to getting back on the road and having a conversation with Shane I didn't really wana have right now.

As Daryl came down from talking with Jim he came up to me.

"Hey" he said chewing on his thumb which I had noticed he did when he was nervous.

"Would you wana ride with me for awhile? You know if you need a break from officer asshole over there."

I looked over and noticed Shane staring at us with a scowl on his face.

Looking back at Daryl not knowing what to say.

"You know what never mind" He scoffed. Starting to walk off.

Not thinking I reached out and grabbed his arm. I felt him twitch as he looked back at me. "I'll ride with you" I said dropping my hand from his arm.

"Well come on then I ain't got all day."

I started to walk towards Daryl's truck. When Shane grabbed my arm turning me around.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I need some space Shane I gotta think for awhile so I'm gona ride with Daryl."

He grabbed my arm tighter. "I'll be damned if I'm gona let you go off with the piece of trash redneck."

"He's not a piece of trash Shane" I said pulling my arm away from him.

"Little girl you get your ass in that jeep now."

"Your not my boss Shane."

It was then I looked over his shoulder and saw dad staring at us hard faced with hands on his hips.

"My dad's watching us Shane just take the Jeep. I'll be fine I'll see you when we get there." I handed him back the keys and got into Daryls truck.

"Boyfriend not to happy about that huh?" He said.

"I told you Dixon he's not my boyfriend."

"You trying to convinve me or you?"

"If this is why you wanted me to ride with you I'd rather not." I made a move to get out.

He reached across me pulling the door shut.

"I'm sorry." He said. His breath blowing across my face sent a fire threw me.

I wanted to grab his face and devour his lips. He backed away and I shook the thought from my head.

We rode in silence I couldn't get his lips outta my mind. I had felt lust and heat when Shane touched me, but nothing like I had just felt. Every muscle in my body wanted me to move over to him and touch my lips to his. I looked out the window trying to focus on anything other than Daryl.

Daryl'sPOV

She went to get out and without thinking I leaned across her and shut the door. Just inches from her face.

"I'm sorry" I said. I could have swore I saw her shudder.

It was quiet as we drove down the highway. I couldn't get the thought of kissing her out of my mind. I shook my head what the fuck is wrong with me? I don't get like this. Especially not over little spoiled daddy's girls.