New way of life*

Amara's POV

It had been a month since the govenors attack on the prison. The prison more crowded after taking in the people from Woodbury. Although it was easier with so many people for Daryl and I to sneak away. We still hadn't told dad mostly my anxiety over it was why. Although I think it bothered him Daryl was understanding.

Michonne and I had been come really close. When she was here. She spent a good bit of time out on the road looking for the governor. Daryl had to for awhile,but I missed him. So it was either let me go or stay. So he stayed.

I left my cell to go get breakfast and meet up with Daryl.

"Good morning" He glanced around then kissed my cheek.

"Morning." I chuckled.

We walked to get breakfast talking about the run today.
"Morning Daryl"
"Morning Daryl"
"Hey Daryl"

I chuckled the "Dixon Vixens."
The name I used for Daryl's fan girls from Woodbury.
"Just so you know I liked you first."
"Stop." He chuckles.

"Morning Carol."

"Morning Amara" she smiled.

"Smells good."

"Thanks she said. The vixens seemed to approve."

We both laughed.

"Come on not you to." Daryl says.

"Give strangers sanctuary and keep em feed gotta learn to deal with the love."
"Right." He scoffed.

"I do need to show you something." Carol said.

"Patrick can you take over for me?"
"Yes ma'am."

"Good morning Amara." He blushed.
"Morning Patrick."

Speak of fan clubs theres your president and here come the other members." He whispered.

I looked up and there was Jax,Micheal, and Trent. Two guys from Woodbury.
"Good morning gorgeous." Michael said.

"Morning fellas." I replied.

"You always gotta look so pretty?"

"Its a curse Trent."

"Alright you two enough."

"You going on the run today?"

"Yep I am."

"Cool can we talk when ya get back?"

I looked to Daryl who was pretending not to listen as he talked to Carol.

"Um yeah I suppose. Everything ok?"

"Yeah we'll just talk later." Jax said before kissing my cheek and walking off.

I saw Daryl stiffen at this.
He understood Jax and I being friends but he hated when Jax would kiss me like that. I had told Jax and he had gotten better at it. Sometimes though I think he did it just to get a rise out of Daryl.

"Mr.Dixon I just wanted to thank you for the deer yesterday it was a real treat sir. I'd be honored to shake your hand."Patrick said.

I couldn't help but chuckle as Daryl licked the food from his fingers. Then shook the boys hand.

I pushed his shoulder playfully making my way over to the car the others were getting ready for the run.

Beth was talking to Zack another boy from Woodbury she had started "dating". Hearing them talk all mushy Daryl walks by." Its like a damn romance novel."