sneak peek ♡

"Why are you afraid to love Esmeralda." I look from the water, to him.

Damien is staring deeply into my emerald eyes, almost as if he's soul searching. I turn my attention back to the water.

"I won. So you have to answer me Esme," he presses. He's right, he did win, but I wasn't prepared for him to ask me this.

I feel something for him, but of course I'll always be afraid to act on it or allow myself to admit it. I think deeply into the back of my mind, asking myself the same question. Why am I afraid to love? What's the real reason.

I grab him by the cheek, forcing myself to meet his gaze, "I'm afraid of love because the last time I felt that immense emotion, that man broke me so severely I had to run for my life. Love hurt me more than anything in this world. It's a joke. It blinds you from seeing the reality in things Damien."

He clears his throat, but still keeps his cyan eyes locked with mine. The lightening in the background strikes, giving me a glance of his perfectly structured face.

"I know you're not afraid of love Damien." I say hesitantly, caressing his cheek gently.

"How can you be so sure someone like me could feel something as ruthless as that?" He scoffs, trying to hide the emotion his eyes already gave away.

"Because you're falling in love with the person swore you'd never love." I take a deep breath, pulling him closer by his shirt, securing his body in place inches away from my lips. The lips I've been longing for all night.

His face shows no emotion, like they've been sucked away by a powerful vacuum. Courage stirs inside me as the next set of words escape my mouth effortlessly.

"You're falling in love with me Damien."

~~~~

Hi guys!
I thought I'd give you guys a sneak peek into the book! I'll be posting the first chapter by the end of the week! Make sure to vote and comment! Thank you so much!
Also this is my VERY first book on Wattpad so feel free to point out any mistakes!