15. who I am

Damien

"Where is she?" I demand. My patience is a tightrope and these bitches are balancing on it with their lives on the line.

"I don't know." She says, fussing with the silver handcuffs around her wrists.

The warehouse we're in is old, but it was the most secure place I found in a short period of time. It's after midnight by now, or at least I think it is. There's a cool breeze that flows through the opened window, forcing the temperature in the warehouse to drop. The moon was no longer visible nor were the stars. The sky was pitch black with shades of grey. A perfect night if you ask me.

What happened with Esmeralda wasn't going to go unpunished. There was only one person responsible for it and now, she's flown off the grid with nothing but a burner phone I can't fucking track.

"Those are three words a mob boss never wants to hear." I tell them. "I'm going to ask you one more time." I point the front barrel at the fake redhead, "where is Blanca?"

"Damien, I swear we don't know. She never told us anything because she knew you'd come after us first!" The blonde one answers, stuttering in fear.

"Well it looks like you guys need some motivation." I signal Julio, who steps forward from the dark shadows with my bait. Their hands are tied behind their backs with thick lasso rope and blindfolded with red cloth.

"If one of you doesn't start talking, I'm killing both your parents." I say through gritted teeth. It's not a threat, it's a promise.

"Maybe she went to go look for Javier. I really don't know Damien please! Don't kill my parents." Selena, the fake redhead pleads.

"Javier's not even alive. I killed him so I'd know." I smirk, playing the vivid scene in my mind.

"YOU KILLED HIM! You fuckin—", Anna, the blonde, begins but I shut her down.

"Watch your fucking language. I'm in control here." I take a step towards Anna's father, grabbing him by the shirt before slamming him against the concrete floor, "you'd really risk your father's life to save your best friend? How pathetic." I wave Julio to take the blindfolds off them. Both sets of parents look horrified. Shaking in terror on the ground.

"Anna! Dile adónde está!" (Tell him where she is). Her father yells, spitting out blood.

"Papi no se adónde está!" (I don't know where she is). Tears are streaming down her face but I feel no type of remorse.

My patience has reached its maximum level. If they won't tell me, I'll force it out.

"Shoot him." I instruct.

"No! Wait!" Selena screams. "I'll convince her to tell me. I'll call her or text her, but I'll force her." She looks at me with determination, "I promise Damien. I'll find her for you."

"That's the spirit. Julio, return her cell phone." I look over at my hostages, "if any of you make a fucking sound", I continue, waving my gun in the air, "I will not hesitate to put a bullet through all your heads. Are we clear?" They all nod in agreement as Julio brings Selena her cell. He dials Blanca's number and holds the phone against her mouth, putting it on speaker for all of us to eavesdrop.

"Hey! I was just about to call you. I'm about to board my second flight but I'm safe." She tells her. Little does she know the situation she just put her friends in.

"Blanca, where are you?" Selena asks, concealing her fear.

"Im boarding the second plane to... wait. You know where I'm going." Selena's eyes go wide in disbelief.