32. serenity

Play song above when instructed (:
Shoutout to angellbaby101 for introducing me to this song ♥️

Esmeralda

My legs still tremble with pleasure from our steamy session in the car. I'm positive they'd give out any minute if Hades' hand wasn't placed on the small of my back, keeping me up straight as we walk side by side to our table.

The restaurant is huge and modern. Taking a step inside, I was able to smell the different combinations of sea creatures in the atmosphere. The building is a mixture of white and blue, with portraits of the sea.

Floor-to-ceiling windows expose a breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean, and luminous balls of gas dominate the night sky while the moon replaces the evening sun.

Laughter fills the air, blending with the music that's booming through the speakers. A few couples take charge of the dance floor, moving their bodies to the beat of the music.

The hostess shows us to our table, before excusing herself. Damien pulls out my chair, then proceeds to sit down in the one beside me. Our waiter, who introduces himself as Rodrigo, politely asks us what we'd be drinking tonight.

"Tráeme una botella de scotch y un vaso, por favor," my husband recites to the man holding a notepad and pen. (Bring me a bottle of scotch and a cup, please)

"Y para usted señora De La Torre?" (And for you Mrs. De La Torre?)

"Piña colada, por favor," I respond, handing him the cocktail menu.

"Están listos para ordenar o todavía necesitas unos minutos," he asks us. (Are you ready to order or do you still need a few minutes ?)

"Danos unos minutos, por favor," Hades responds. Rodrigo nods his head before excusing himself. (Give us a couple of minutes, please.)

My emerald irises scan the entire menu. I'm a very picky eater when it comes to certain things, something Hades has yet to discover about me. After a few minutes, Rodrigo comes back. I order camarones a la diabla (shrimp drenched in red chile sauce), while my boujee husband orders langosta (lobster).

My eyes drift to glance at Hades, who's attention is glued to the center floor. I follow his gaze to an old couple dancing bachata like professionals— every step and rhythm exactly on beat with the music.

"Do you dance," I ask, breaking the silence that's been lingering between us.

"Yes. Usually whenever we visit Mexico, I take my mom out to spend some time together. She taught me everything at a young age knowing one day, I'd need it." He brings the glass to his lips, his eyes finding mine.

My heart thumps loudly in my chest, threatening to come out my throat if I don't get the irregular beat under control. Fuck I'm one lucky bitch.

"Do you like to dance," he questions me, reaching for my hand. The simple gesture is enough to send electronic shocks from my spine to my toes.

"I love it. My siblings and I use to go out whenever they'd visit during the holidays. Camila and the twins were never huge fans of Mexican music. They prefer clubs over anything, but I'd rather dance to this than grind on random men," I tell him.

"So if I asked you to dance, you'd accept," he questions, raising a brow.

"Hmm— maybe. Depending on the song," I smirk at him.