31. you were saying

Esmeralda

The closet is a disaster. Imagine a fucking tornado strolling by, demolishing everything— that's what it currently looks like.

I've been throwing on different outfits, trying to find one I love. The dresses I picked out initially to wear for a date night are no longer good enough.

Fuck, maybe I should've gone shopping with Evelina.

"Esmeralda? Mija, are you okay? Damien says you guys have to leave in half an hour," her angelic voice comes through the other end of the closet door.

"I—um." Fuck. I can't even speak. I didn't think I'd be this nervous. "Can you come in? I need help."

The nob turns slowly and I see Evelina stop short when she eyes the mess all over the floor. "What the fu—"

"I was rambling through the fucking closet and nothing I brought is good enough," I complain like a 5 year-old spoil-child, cutting her off.

"Mija calm down. Whatever you decide to wear, you'll look great in. Don't underestimate yourself, you're gorgeous," she smiles.

I take a deep breath, as Evelina walks over to me, placing her small hands on my shoulders, "Go blow dry your hair and I'll pick out an outfit for you, okay?"

I nod before hopping over the piles of clothes to get to the bathroom. I turn on the blow dryer, tangling the round brush in my hair, slowly guiding it through. My natural hair falls like a curtain, past my shoulders, and stops slightly above my waist. It's a bit wavy, and extra fizzy from the heat, so I run a few products through, completing it with a parting down the middle. The blonde roots flourishing from my scalp are driving me absolutely insane, but I didn't have enough time to go to the damn salon and be ready by 6:30.

I apply a few coats of mascara to fill my long, curly lashes with more volume. A clear coat of lip plump gloss burns slightly, working its magic to make my lips appear more full while soft, neutral eye shadow colors make my emerald eyes pop. Clear skin has always been a friend of mine, thank God, although I do apply a thin layer of concealer to my under eyes since dark circles are my enemies.

I stand in front of a full length body mirror, running a hand through my hair, studying every feature on my face to perfection.

Don't wanna disappoint our husband now do we?

I see the closet door open in the mirror's reflection and I turn to find Evelina holding up a white spaghetti strap, condole belt ruched dress with a V-neck and slit on the bottom to expose one of my thighs. Her other hand holds up a pair of black open-toed stilettos with lace up straps.

"This dress is going to drive him insane," she smiles mischievously.

I walk over, taking the dress and shoes from her hands before stepping into the closet, carefully dressing myself in my mother-in-law's desired outfit. I open the door, revealing Evelina's masterpiece and she gasps, covering her mouth as she drinks in the view.

"Te ves bien chula mija." She reaches for my hand, twirling me in the dress to get a full 360 degree view.

I glimpse at my reflection in the mirror, eyeing how the dress sticks to me like glue, making every curve on my body visible. My boobs are squeezed into the v-neck, giving off a good amount of cleavage for Damien to admire. I turn sideways, admiring how the dress also compliments my round ass in a way it'll tempt Hades to grab.

Why am I thinking about that?

"Oh wait, before I forget," Evelina calls out, running behind me to the bathroom sink. She pulls out my jewelry box from the drawer, fishing for accessories. She hands me diamond earrings, a necklace with my initial on it, Rolex watch, Tiffany bracelet, and my engagement ring from the bathroom counter.