Chapter 4

"Gaius, do you have anymore of that cleaning-" Merlin had just entered. The Merlin. "Who are you?"

The girls stood there not really knowing what to say. Luckily Gaius saved them.

"Merlin," Gaius greeted. "This is Line and Gry. They were attacked by bandits, and Line was wounded. They will be here for a little and helping out, until they find something else."

"I am sorry, if we are intruding on your space." Line said meekly.

"No, thats fine." Merlin was also slightly taken back by the girls in his and Gaius' chambers. He put his hand forward for them to shake, and they did. "Welcome to Camelot."

"Thanks." They both said in unison. Merlin could stop looking at Gry. She looked sweet but also quite fierce.

"What did you need, Merlin?" Gaius asked, bringing Merlin back to reality.

"Oh," Merlin started. "The cleaning solution for Arthur's floors. He keeps complaining about them, and has me clean them out so often that there is no more in his room."

"Yes there should be some more right-" Gaius looked at the shelf. "Argh here."

"Thank you, Gaius." Merlin looked over at the two girls once more. "I guess I will see you later."

"Probably yeah." Gry answered making Line smile.

"Right." Merlin awkwardly leaved the chambers. Just as the door closed, the girls giggled.

"Is he always that awkward?" Line asked.

"Honestly, I wish I could say no, but he is." Gaius even chuckled a bit. "He is also the nephew, I mentioned."

"Yeah, I see the similarities." Line giggled earning a hard glare from Gry.

"I have my rounds, I need to go." Gaius grabbed a basket-like bag. "Can I trust you to cook the dinner, Gry?"

"Yes, I cooked often back home." Which technically wasn't a lie. She did often cook dinner, simply because she liked it.

"Good." Gaius walked to the door and smiled. "Thank you."

"It is us, who thanks you." Line said kindly and watched the old man walk out the door.

"So how hard can this be?" Gry said looking at the slightly different set up from home.

"It can't be that hard." Line chimed in. "You remember that Iron Age camp, we were on back in fourth grade?"

"How could I forget? They still used it to scare the younger kids, when we left the school." Gry answered.

"Well it can't be that much more difficult." Line said faithfully. "This is a couple of centuries later."

"True." Gry then noticed Line staring confused at her. "Do I have something on face or what?"

"You remember what you said about your hat being gone?" Line asked.

"Of course, I am still pissed." Gry muttered angrily.

"How is it that I didn't notice, you are wearing a shimmering black headband until now?" Line asked confused.

"I am wearing a what?" Gry said in shock and looked at the nearest reflective object. "Did that storm turn my hat into a headband?"

"Looks like it." Gry is almost relived by those words.

That was when Gry saw something else. She looked to Line to be sure. "We aren't wearing our glasses."