Chapter 17

Merlin and Gry had spent a large amount of time to explain to Gaius, what had happening the previous night.

"And you believe what this Anhora said to be true?" Gaius questioned the pair.

"You said there's a legend that misfortune comes to anyone, who slays a unicorn." Merlin argued. "It makes sense."

"Yeah and it would make sense that Line collapsed at the moment, where the unicorn was killed." Gry continued. "Besides, it's not like Line's condition is a known fact throughout the kingdom. Only the three of us, the guard who brought Line here, Arthur, Morgana and Gwen knows about her."

"The guard could have told others, Gry." Gaius told her.

"I know, but I still don't think everyone in the city would know." Gry disagreed. "Besides, I don't think the guard even knew her name, unless he heard me."

Gaius had put down two bowls of porridge and was now taking a seat with his own, as he said: "Not much for breakfast, I'm afraid. We're down to the last scraps of food."

"Where did you get the water to make the tea?" Gry already knew the answer to Merlin's question, which was why, she had not touched it.

"Fortunately for all of us, you forgot to empty your bath yesterday." Gaius revealed.

Merlin swallowed the drink rather forced, since he knew he had to drink something, but he wasn't enjoying it. "You're making tea out of my bathwater?"

"It's not so bad." Gaius argued. "Perhaps a little soapy."

Gry and Merlin kept themselves far away from the tea. Gry had not even thought about before how disgusting this actually was, since she knew Merlin's duties, and one of them was to muck out the stables, and the thought of horsedung in the tea almost made her gag.

"What does Arthur think of the curse?" Gaius questioned bringing Gry back to the conversation.

"He doesn't believe it's his fault." Merlin sighed. "He's convinced that Anhora is responsible for it."

"How much of an idiotic prick can one man be?" Gry fumed. "Oh yeah, I forgot. A lot."

"If you don't wish to drink bathwater, you'd better make sure Arthur sees sense." Gaius tried to offer a word of wisdom.

"Oh yeah, just like trying to tell mosquito not to sting." Gry mumbled in frustration.

"That rat!" Arthur yelled loud enough got Merlin and Gry, who was coming from the outside could hear it.

"I think, you might be in trouble." Gry chuckled as they entered.

"It's eaten through my boot. Look at it." He shoved the boot up in Merlin's face. "And what is she doing here?"

"Not my idea either." Gry protested.

"She had to get out of Gaius' chambers and then she can help me catch the rat." Merlin gave an innocent smile, as he put the breakfast tray down. "Whom I guess must be as hungry as the rest of us."

"You think this is funny." Arthur looked at them both offended

"Moderately." Merlin said at the same time as Gry said "Extremely."

He threw the boot, which Merlin caught. "Get it mended, and find that rat."

"Have you given anymore to what Anhora said last night?" Merlin asked as him and Gry started doing the chores.

"Ah, well." Arthur looked in their direction. "He may have escaped last night, but at least now we know who we're looking for."

"That's your plan?" Gry frowned.