Chapter 14

"Gry. Line." The girls woke up with a start.

"Did you just hear what I heard?" Gry asked her friend to see, if she was going crazy.

"You heard it too?" Line asked dumbfounded.

"Do you think it was-?"

"The dragon? Probably." Line finished.

"Gry. Line" They heard again, and they had to restrain themselves from screaming.

"Should we?" Line asked.

"If Kilgharrah is calling us, it is probably important, so yeah." Gry answered.

The girls get out of bed and put on their cloaks and tried to make their way to the dungeons. It proofed to be a more difficult task than they thought, since they still couldn't find their way around the castle completely, and the series didn't really give them any instructions on how to get there.

After wondering around for a bit and some more calling from the dragon, they finally found the dungeons, where they feared how they would get past the guards, only to find them passed out.

"That makes it significantly easier." Gry whispered as they snuck past the guards. They found the stairs and a torch, which Gry wanted to hold because it would feel cool.

"Unbelievable." Line muttered as they came to the big open space.

"Argh, the future born girls." Kilgharrah landed on the rock formation.

"The war doctor?" They mumbled in sync.

"Not quite." The dragon chuckled.

"Why did you call us?" Line started.

"Yeah and how?" Gry added.

"One question at a time, young ladies." Kilgharrah said.

"Why did you call us?" Gry asked this time.

"Because a great destiny lies ahead of you." Line and Gry looked at each other with a 'the frick is he talking about?' look. "I know, where you are from, and who you are. Did you think it was a coincidence that you came here?"

"Honestly, yeah." Gry frowned.

"Your destinies are intwined with Merlin and Arthur's." The dragon explained in his intimidating voice. "You have big roles to play."

"But we are just two teenagers from 2020." Line argued. "What big roles do we have?"

"You will help uniting the kingdom of Albion under Arthur as the once and future king." Kilgharrah said. "Albion is in need of your powers."

"Powers?" Gry asked confused. "What powers?"

"We aren't sorcerers." Line stated.

"Of course not, you aren't men." The dragon grinned.

"Ha ha, very funny." Gry said dryly. "What kind of powers are you talking about?"

"You, Gry, have the power to fly high over the skies." The dragon locked eyes with the young brunette. "You are the knight of the sky destined to protect them."

"I can fly?" Gry asked with barely contained happiness.

"Indeed, you can, young knight."

"Awesome." Gry smiled. It had always been her dream to be able to fly and now she could, or well probably with some training but still.

And you, Line" He looked to the young blonde. "You have the power to communicate with animals, the princess of the animals, you may say."

"Wait, what does that mean?" Line questioned with wide eyes.

"Animals trust you, and you speak their language." Kilgharrah expanded. "Your whole life, where have you felt like you belonged? Even just now, when you were in Ealdor, where did you go to rest your mind?"

"The forest." Line mumbled, her eyes wide in realization.

"Exactly, young princess." He nodded.

"So the kids at the village were right?" Gry tried to get some lightness back in the conversation. "You are a princess."

"And you are a true knight." Line smiled slightly at her friend's attempt at lightening the mood.

"Good luck, young women." Kilgharrah said as he flew back away. "The future of Camelot lies on your shoulders as well."

"No pressure at all." Gry mumbled as they walked back quietly to their chambers.

"We should tell Merlin and Gaius about this." Line said as she threw herself down on the bed. Her head coming close to exploding from all of the information, they had gotten.

"Yeah but tomorrow." Gry groaned as she too threw herself on the bed.

"Definitely." Line answered as she fell asleep.

The next morning, after getting dressed , they went to go and see Merlin and Gaius. On the way there, they saw Arthur training with the men.

"Line?" He called after the blonde girl, who just ignored him. She still wanted to give him the silence treatment, after everything that happened in Ealdor.

"You do realize, you have to talk to him at some point, right?" Gry said as they moved along and away from Arthur.

"I know." Line sighed.

Actually, they didn't expect Merlin to be in Gaius' chambers but to their surprise, he was.

"You got Line out of bed?" Merlin mockingly asked. "Well done."

"I'm not that difficult." Line shot back.

"Yes, you are." Gry and Merlin said in sync.

"Don't team up on me like that." Line complained. "Anyway, we have something to tell you."

"What is it?" Merlin frowned.

"Last night, the dragon called to us." Line continued.

"What?" Merlin called out in surprise. "How and why?"

"One, because he can." Gry went to answer. "Two, because we are apparently important for yours and Arthur's destiny." She looked to her friend. "He called us the princess of animals and the knight of the sky."

"What does that mean?" Merlin questioned.

"Apparently, Gry can fly, which we haven't tried out yet, and I can talk to animals." Line answered. "How that is going to help you unite the land of Albion, I have no clue."

"We have to test your abilities right now." Merlin said with excitement, before we heard a loud "MERLIN!" from the hallway.

"Maybe tomorrow." Line and Gry giggled as they saw the disappointment on Merlin's face.

"Fine, tomorrow then."