━2.7

When Aria made it to the living room, she didn't have time to adjust herself before she was promptly tackled into a hug

"Oh-" she uttered out, her head pushed into the person's shoulder, their arms basically crushing her.

"Oh my G- ghost, I thought you fucking died you dumb bitch."
"Uh-" she said, unable to really breathe. "Were you worried about me?" She asked smugly.

"What?" Renjun scoffed, pushing her away and adjusting his sleeves with a disgusted look. "Who said that?"

Aria raised a brow but let out a small laugh.
"Whatever Dork." She retorted and he glared at her.

"Baby!" Chaerin called out, running over to pull her into a hug. "I was so worried about you!"

"I'm okay Chaerin, I'm alive aren't I?"
"Yeah, thanks to that idiot over there." Chaerin pointed to Donghyuck who was attempting to pour milk into the cereal bowl without spilling it.

Aria suppressed a laugh at him trying to concentrate, shaking her head.
"Bubbles! Come greet Aria you brat." Chaerin exclaimed, running after her black and white cat.

"Glad to be home." Aria whispered to herself with a smile.

"Hey," the deep voice spoke, Aria turned to see the ruler of Hell standing there awkwardly avoiding eye contact.

Out of the group, Aria was the least close with Jisung. They both never really had a time together to bond or create a good friendship.
So as he stood there awkwardly, he scratched the back of his head.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to help you," he spoke. "I know, I have a responsibility over all the beings in hell...but I couldn't-"
"It's okay Jisung." She said with a comforting smile.

Yet he sighed, shoulders sagging in guilt.
"But I'm glad you're okay now." He said, offering her a small smile of his own no matter how awkward it was.

"Im glad to be back." She joked, gazing up at the younger boy.
"Thank you for letting me be around you guys, I know you weren't quite fond of it after Seyeon." She said quietly, remembering what Renjun had said about Jisung finding it hard to be a leader at the young age and was protective over the group.

"I mean...you were just different but I think you fit in here. It was getting quiet before you came to be honest."

Aria laughed gently at his words, both of them creating eye contact with their own smiles.
"You're doing a good job though, being a ruler."
"Thank you."

Aria glanced back at Donghyuck who was narrowing his eyes at the microwave Chaerin brought.

"What the hell..." He whispered to himself in confusion.

Aria shook her head at him before turning back to Jisung.
"Oh...yeah what does it make me now...?" She asked, hopeful he'd know.

"Well, about that-" he began, his eyes flickering around. "Find me later, I need to talk to you about it actually."

"Oh, did something bad happen?"
"... it's complicated."

"See, the view is so beautiful isn't it?" Aria spoke, knees up to her chest with her head leaning on her arms as she looked down at the bright lights.

"It's always the same to be honest." Donghyuck spoke from beside her and she clenched her jaw at his comment.

"Shut up, I'll push you off- let me enjoy the view."
"Push me then, I have wings dumbass."
"I'll pull your wings off and push you." She argued and he raised a brow.

"Oh yeah? Try your hardest then."
"Oh I will, trust me."

"Mhm, sure."
Aria huffed, standing up with playful rage.
"Right, let's settle this-!" She exclaimed before there was a slight brush against her leg.

The girl looked down, her eyes landing on the orange eyes black cat nuzzling against her leg.

Whatever rage she felt before suddenly disappeared as her heart warmed, she gasped and crouched down.

"Gatto-"
"She isn't called Gatto."

Aria narrowed her eyes at Donghyuck before lifting her hand to hesitantly reach out to the cat.

The boy watched with a smile pulling on his lips as she began to stroke Princess on her own accord.

"Hey," Aria said with a nervous smile, petting the cat who began to purr and lay down on the floor in bliss. "Hey Princess, aw- Hyuck look!" She exclaimed with wide eyes. "Look, she likes me."

"Yeah well, she better get in line."

Awwwww the character development of Princess and Aria

But also Jisung and Aria we love their rising friendship