Chapter Eleven

__"Shadow! Stop! Stop!" Sonic pleaded as he tried pulling Shadow away from the person he was trying to kill.
__Before this happened, Shadow had saw what happened to his friends and the other agents. A white and gray platypus name Dr. Starling had them held captive, bruised and beaten down by other people working for him. E-123 Omega had its wires pulled out and its guns were torn out. One of Rouge's wings was dislocated and she was trembling from the pain in her back. Shadow was horrified, or rather angered by what happened. A part from Starling helping Dr. Eggman with the Zombot infestation, this was one of the worst things he'd done to Shadow. He lost control of himself. He and Sonic had taken down Starling's men before Shadow pinned him down to the ground. He had beat his face in repeatedly with the intention of killing him, not caring about the consequences. Sonic had to rush over and grab him from behind, desperately wrapping around Shadow's arms to keep his hands from touching the platypus. He yelled, screamed, and pleaded Shadow to stop, that Dr. Starling had enough.
__"You've won already!" He shrieked. "He's beaten! There's no point in going further!" Sonic managed to pull Shadow away from Starling and tightened his grip, yearning for him to calm down.
__Shadow, mind still filled with rage, teleported out of Sonic's arms. He was only a few feet away from Sonic. By instinct, he was getting ready to punch Sonic. When Sonic blocked his face Shadow stopped to look at his right fist that nearly collided with Sonic's arm. It was stained with Starling's blood, still wet, warm, oozing. He then looked at Sonic. He could see behind his arms that Sonic had his eyes shut and his teeth clenched. Shadow felt all the tension vanish and lowered his hand. Sonic opened one eye before lowering his arms and sighing in relief.
__"Damn, Shadow," He rasped. "You really know how to scare someone." He tried laughing, but it sounded too awkward and fearful.
__Shadow turned around and immediately flattened his ears. He saw what had become of Starling. He wasn't dead, but his face was filled with cuts, bruises, and blood. He had been knocked unconscious and his orange glasses had broke. Shadow looked down at his hands again to examine the blood. Did I go too far? It was a stupid question, but the situation even caught Shadow by surprise.
__Sonic had ran past him over to Rouge. He helped her stand up and checked her dislocated wing. The left wing was hanging down low in a crooked angle. "I can put it back in place," He told her.
__"Just do it then!" Rouge whined. "This hurts!"
__"Okay! Okay!" Sonic grabbed onto the part of the wing that was connected to her back. He tried moving it up, letting go everytime Rouge winced. This time, without hesitation, he yanked it up back in place. This caused Rouge to scream and pull away from Sonic, who had raised his hands up quickly. Rouge was panting and whimpering as she checked her wing.
__"It is back in place," Sonic began as he lowered his hands. "But you should still go see a doctor just in case."
__"What about Omega!?" Rouge shrieked as she pointed at the broken robot.
__"Tails and I will fix him, I promise." Sonic walked over to one of the agents and helped him up. "We have to help everyone here first." Rouge nodded and ran over to help another agent. It took a while for Shadow to comprehend what they were doing before joining them.

__Shadow and Rouge had called for medical help from G.U.N., but were both nervous after hearing that Nate was coming as well. Starling was still a mess and his blood was on Shadow's hands. Rouge had heard during Shadow's suspension that Nate didn't tolerate these kinds of things, so she helped Shadow wash the blood off his gloves as best she could. There was still a bit of pink, but Rouge just hoped Nate wouldn't notice. Sonic had called both Tails and Roter to help him with E-123 Omega. The G.U.N. medical team was looking over all the agents except for Shadow and Rouge.
__The commander was walking towards Rouge and Shadow. Shadow had his hands behind his back when Nate was in front of them. "What happened exactly?" He asked.
__"Dr. Starling here," Rouge pointed down at the platypus, who's face had been cleaned off. "was getting ready to launch an attack to the city. His men had disarmed Omega and dislocated my wing. The other agents that came here were merely knocked down. Sonic and Shadow were able to beat them back."
__Nate narrowed one eye. "Sonic you say?"
__Shadow nodded. "Yes. He and his friends are fixing Omega as we speak."
__"I see," Nate then locked his eyesight with Shadow's, making him tense. "Why is he here?"
__"I..." Shadow inhaled and sighed to keep himself from getting agitated. "We were talking about something important when you called."
__Rouge had slowly looked at Shadow in confusion. "What? What were you talking about?"
__"Something important," Shadow repeated with annoyance.
__"So, what happened to Dr. Starling?" Nate asked, still keeping his eyes on Shadow.
__"I knocked him out," was all Shadow said. He tightened his hands into shaking fists behind his back.