Chapter 2: Imprisoned

Havi's pov

"I thought you were crazy at first, Katara, but this might work," Sokka says. I nod in agreement while helping the water tribe siblings move a rock over a grate, "there are ventilation shafts throughout these mines. All Aang has to do is send an air current from that vent to this one right here. The boulder levitates and ta-da" the last bit comes out a little scratchy, "fake earthbending!"

I look to the air bender laying down, playing with butterflies, "Aang, did you get all that?"

"Sure, sure. I got it." He doesn't even look up.

"Do you remember your cue?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just relax. You're taking all the fun out of this."

Sokka puts his hands on his hips, "by this do you mean intentionally being captured by an army of ruthless firebenders?"

"Exactly, that's fun stuff."

"Here they come. Get in your places." I run and hide behind the rock with Aang.

I look over and watch Sokka begin the fake fight, "get out of my way pipsqueak!"

"How dare you call me pipsqueak, you giant-eared cretin?" Katara played along.

"What did you call me?" I laugh a little too loud and quickly slap my hand over my mouth. Me and Aang look at each other and softly giggle at them.

"A giant-eared cretin. Look at those things. Do herds of animals use them for shade?"

"You better back off!" Sokka whispers something to Katara.

"I will not back off! I bet elephant get together and make fun of how large your ears are."

"That's it you're going down!"

"I'll show you who's boss, earthbending style." Katara hits a funny pose but nothing happens, "I said, earthbending style!"

I hit Aang in the arm and he gasps before blowing a huge gust of air through the vent. His lemur sat perfectly behind the rock and tricked the fire soldiers, "that lemur. He's earthbending!"

I facepalm and hear Sokka correct him, "no you idiot. It's the girl!"

"Oh. Of course."

"I'll hold her!" He yells out to the guards then whispers something in her ear. Aang and I walk out by Sokka while we watch Katara get taken away. A sudden sense of calm ends my stress.

• • •

Sokka, Aang, and I had on hats to hide who we were. Honestly, I think they're kind of dumb because you can still see our whole bodies and faces. These are cheap disguises if you could even call them that. We stood on the dock and watched Katara get taken away to a boat. Quickly we get onto appa and begin our journey to follow the fire nation ship, "so you guys are sure this is safe?" I ask nervously. I'm not the biggest fan of heights but I'll have to deal for now.

"Don't worry, Havi," sokka sits next to me, "I've only fallen out of the saddle like once."

I look over at him and as dry as I can possibly say, "thanks, that made me feel so much better" I pat his cheek twice then move to the other side of the saddle.

Appa flew way up in the clouds to keep out of sight. As we got closer to the main prison I saw smoke blowing out from a chimney. Sokka comforts the airbender, "She'll be fine, aang. Katara knows what she's doing." Does aang have a little crush? I should look into some matchmaking later on.

A while later it was finally dark and Katara's 12 hours were just about up. Appa flew close enough to the prison where he was hidden but Aang could still go and get our friend and my brother. Aang left and I continued to stare at the saddle while tapping my fingers on my leg.