Chapter 7: Jet

Havi's pov

"Where's Momo?" Aang asked us. We were currently taking a break from walking and all of us except the avatar were sitting down. We all kind of shrugged but followed after him anyways when he went to look. Very soon after, we hear screeching from above. Looking up, we see our lemur friend trapped in a dangling cage, "Hang on, momo!" Aang leaps to action and airbends his way to let him down. Slowly and carefully, he lowers the cage while katara and I soften the landing. As soon as Momo was freed, more animal noises were heard above and of course, being the vegetarian animal lover he is, Aang helps them as well, "all right, you too."

"This is gonna take forever," Sokka impatiently throws his boomerang to cut the rope holding them hostage.

"That works." Aang comes back down from the tree.

"These are fire nation traps," Sokka bends down to inspect them, "you can tell from the metalwork. We better pack up camp and get moving." None of us disagreed so we tied up our sleeping bags and prepared Appa for flight, "uh-uh! No flying this time."

"What?" I drag out my words, "why not?"

"Think about it. Somehow prince Zuko and the fire nation keep finding us," he justifies his idea, "it's because they spot Appa. He's just too noticeable."

"What? Appa's not too noticeable." Katara says sounding slightly offended.

"Actually I'm with sokka for this one," I point to Appa, "he's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kind of hard to miss him." Appa growls in response, "sorry, bud. The truth hurts."

"Havi's just jealous cause she doesn't have an arrow." Aang pats his bison friend on the head.

Sokka says to us, "I know you all want to fly but my instincts tell me we should play it safe and walk."

"Who made you the boss?" Katara says with sass and a hand on her hip.

"I'm not the boss I'm the leader."

"You're the leader?" Katara laughs , "but your voice still cracks."

"I'm the oldest and I'm a warrior! So I'm the leader."

I but in, "if anyone's the leader, it's Aang. He's got like 100 years on you."

"Are you kidding? He's just a goofy kid." His point was proven when we look over and see the ever so powerful avatar messing around on Appa's horns.

Aang smiles, "He's right."

"Why do boys always think someone has to be the leader?" Katara asks, "I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl."

"I've kissed a girl! You just haven't met her."

"You have?" I ask, "who?" He just blushes and ignores my question.

"Oh, gran-gran?" Katara taunts, "I've met gran-gran."

"No! Besides gran-gran! Look, my instincts tell me we have a better chance of slipping through on foot and a leader has to trust his instincts."

"Okay we'll try your way o'wise leader."

"Who knows? Walking might be fun." Oh, Aang. Always the optimist. Not even ten minutes later, he begins to complain, "waking stinks! How do people go anywhere without a flying bison?"