Chapter 6: The Waterbending Scroll

Guess I did end up posting today, you lucky ducks.

Havi's pov

Later on Sokka and I decided to come watch Katara and Aang train. We sat by each other while katara pointed at the scroll, "I just want to try this one move first and then it's all yours. Here, hold it open for me." She hands the scroll to Aang, "the single water whip. Looks doable." She begins to attempt the technique but it quickly backfires as she whips her own face. Sokka and I couldn't hold back our laughter, "what's so funny?"

"I'm sorry but you deserved that," sokka says bluntly, "you've been duped. She's only interested in teaching herself."

"Aang will get his turn once I figure out the water whip." Katara replies stubbornly. This time her attempt hit momo who was minding his own business on a rock, "why can't I get this stupid move!"

"You'll get it!" I encouraged her but she just glared my way. Got it, next time I won't try and be supportive I guess.

Aang gets up to help her but when he does it perfectly, it seems to only egg on her anger more. He tries to talk it out with Katara but she stops him.

"Will you please shut your air hole!" Katara bursts, "believe it or not, your infinite wisdom gets a little old sometimes! Why don't we just throw the scroll away since you're so naturally gifted!?" She turns to me and sokka.

Sokka just gives her an angry look but I snap at her, "Katara!"

"What?" She says with frustration in her voice. She looks to Aang who was shook up from her outburst, "oh my gosh, Aang. I am so sorry. I don't know what came over me. But you know what, it won't happen again," she gives the scroll to Aang, "here, this is yours. I don't want to have anything to do with it anymore."

"It's okay, Katara."

"What about momo?" Sokka points out, "he's the real victim here." Which makes Katara apologize to the lemur as well. "And what about me? There was that time you—"

"No more apologies."

• • •

I woke up the next morning with a loud yawn. I look around and notice Katara was missing so I try and shake Sokka awake, "sokka, wake up. Katara's gone."

He gets up with a groan and looks around, "where did she go!" He crawls out of his sleeping bag and noticed the scroll was gone, "I don't believe it." This woke Aang who asked what was wrong, "she took the scroll. She's obsessed with that thing. It's just a matter of time before she gets us all in deep- whoa!" His wrists were caught in some trap and he was pulled away.

"Sokka!" I yelled but he got out of the restraints. Pirates. More came with a net and caught Aang.

"I got him! Come on!" The other pirate left Sokka alone and ran away with the one who trapped our friend.

"Oh what? I'm not good enough to kidnap?" Just then two more nets were shot and trapped me and the water tribe boy.

"You really had to say something didn't you." I sarcastically said while we got dragged away.

We were tied up by our hands and the pirates took us to mr. Ponytail prince. "Nice work."

I look around and find Katara tied up to a tree, "Aang, this is all my fault."

He reassures her, "No, Katara. It isn't."

"Yeah It kind of is," an older man said. I believe his name is Iroh.

"Give me the boy!" Zuko shouted.

The pirate demands, "You give us the scroll."

"You're really gonna hand over the avatar for a stupid piece of parchment?" Sokka said. I look at him as to say, shut the hell up, but he just mouthed the words, go with it. I roll my eyes but play along. This better work.