Chapter 47: The Awakening

Posting schedule? Who knows her?

Havi's pov

A lot can change in a short amount of time. For one, we're not exactly flying around on Appa anymore; we had met up with Hakoda, Sokka and Katara's father, and took over a fire nation ship. I also had finally found the time to tell Katara and Toph about the book I got from the library and how I believed it related to me. From the many instances and testing, I found that I was right. I started practicing more so I could trust myself but also found through a few experiments that I had the gift of the heart as well as the mind. It was so necessary right now, especially to help calm my friends in this stressful situation. Katara took Aang's condition the hardest and I often found myself forcing her from his room.

"Katara," I open the door quietly and walk my way over to the bed where she held hands with the unconscious avatar, "You know, maybe it's time to go rest. Grab a snack, take a break?"

"I can't. I don't want to," She was stubborn for sure but with good reason. I could always tell these two had a special liking for each other but were too scared to admit it. Or maybe they had and I just never knew.

I place a hand on her shoulder and take a deep breath, "Come on, he'll need you at your full strength when he wakes up." Through my hand, it feels like little pricks of energy running up my fingers. After I began to use my ability purposefully, I was able to become more aware of the process as it happened.

"Okay," Katara finally gives in. Works like a charm.

As night came around I usually spent my time Sokka. We recently started sharing a room. No, there's no funny business going on, we just love being in the other's presence and would prefer to not be separated. I may have spirit-y magic that calms others, but with just one look in my eyes Sokka can calm me.

"How's she doing?" I knew he meant his sister.

"I found her in his room again," I explain while breathing in the salty air. Next to me, Sokka wore a fire nation uniform and it took a while to adjust to it, "She wasn't as upset today but I just wish she knew that it would all turn out okay. I wish I could make her realize that."

"Hey, it's not your job to play counselor. You don't have to feel like it's solely on you to make everything work out."

I squeeze his hand, "I hope you're right."

A sensation in my head, which I've learned is me doing my whatever psychic word you'd like to use thing, causes me to tense up. Even with practice, things still come to me without reason or trying.

A small figure pops in my head. A boy, youthful and confused. It's like another presence and soul was added to ship.

After feeling the pressure lesson, I know exactly what's happening. I jump up, "Aang, it's Aang! He's-He's waking up."

"What?" Sokka sounds shocked. He runs in place for a second as his brain maps out all the possibilities, "Let's go to his room then, come on."

The boy tries to pull me in that direction but I go the other way, "No, we need to head to the deck."

"But wh-?"

"-Are you really gonna question me?"

We stare at each other for a few seconds, me giving a questioning glare and him being mildly confused. "Yeah, yeah, okay."

We run to the deck as fast as possible, just in time to hear Toph say, "Twinkle toes, that's got to be you." I smile and run over to the group crowding an overwhelmed looking Aang.