Chapter 36: The Serpent's Pass

Ayyyyyeee we're to 7k reads :))) thanks chicas, chicos, and chicxs

Havi's pov

As usual after a long adventure, the group and I were taking another break by a pond and waterfall. When Aang finished having his breakdown in the desert, the sandbenders led us to safety once again so here we are. Just relaxing as if the world isn't on fire.

Other than Aang and Katara's swimming, it was pretty calm so I decided to take a peak at the book the fox gave me. I lean against a tree and stroke the cover, The Clairvoyant Gift by Spirit to Man. Okay, here we go, I guess. I open the first page and begin reading,

Clairvoyance, the extra sense by which spirit owned and sacrificed to the mortal world. This ability is one to enhance the perception of those who wield it and give an extra sight into a world no other will see. When all others are blind, they will have light. While others have fog, their path is clear. This may come in many different forms of the same muscle. All have one goal. Some are more drawn to areas of great spiritual beings, they shall be able to feed off their energy. Some know of things before they are, they shall feel for the future.
Some take on the emotion of others, they shall free sufferers of their burden. All must use the gift to enrich their own and others' minds.

Gotta say, I am lost. What does this have to do with me?

"Waterbending bomb!" Katara jumped off a large cliff into the pond below, splashing gallons of water over Sokka and his poor scrolls.

"Sure, 5,000 year old maps from the spirit library. Just splash some water on them," Sokka grumped while trying to air them out.

"Told you that would happen!" I shout as reminder that I warned him not to be so close.

Katara rings out her hair then bends the water from the papers, "Sorry."

We all walk over to Sokka and his map. Aang asks, "did you figure out what route we're gonna take?"

"Okay, we just got out of the desert so we must be around here," He points to location, "and we need to go to Ba Sing Se, which is here. It looks like the only passage connecting the south to the north is this sliver of land called the serpent's pass."

"Are you sure that's the best way to go?" I questioned him. It sounded pretty sketchy to me.

"It's the only way. I mean it's not like we have Appa to fly us there."

Katara snapped at her brother, "shush up about Appa. Can't you at least try to be sensitive?"

"Katara it's okay," Aang tells her, "I know I was upset about losing Appa before, but I just wanna focus on getting to Ba Sing Se and telling the earth king about the solar eclipse."

"Oh, well, okay. I'm glad you're doing better."

"Then to Ba Sing Se we go. No more distractions," Sokka rolls up the map as new people join us.

"Hello there, fellow refugees!"

I point, "Sokka, I found a distraction." It was a man and two women, one of whom was obviously pregnant, "Are you guys headed to Ba Sing Se?"

"Sure are," the man tells us, "We're trying to get there before my wife, Ying, has her baby."

Katara smiles, "great! We can travel through the serpent's pass together."