Chapter 27: The Swamp

I've been waiting so long to write this chapter!! Super excited. A decently long chapter 2700 ish words:)))

Havi's pov

I look through a small bag I'd brought with me for this trip. Inside, I rediscovered the small, wooden spinner I carved back at home. Home. It feels like it's been so long since I've seen my family and my village. So much has happened since then. I miss them.

Sokka's voice gets me out of my reminiscing, "Hey, you taking us down for a reason?" He was right. Appa was slowly lowering to the trees below, "Aang, why are we going down?"

"What? I didn't even notice," Aang replied with a head shake, sounding dazed.

"Are you noticing now?"

"Is something wrong?" Katara asks.

Aang tilts his head, "I know this is gonna sound weird, but I think the swamp is calling to me."

"Is it telling you where we can get something to eat?" Always about food, huh, Sokka?

"No, I, I think think it wants us to land there."

"Sorry but there's not exactly anywhere to land," I point out.

"I don't know. Bumi said to learn earthbending I would have to wait and listen," He explains, "and now I'm actually hearing the earth. Do you want me to ignore it."

"Yes!" Sokka says while looking over the edge of the saddle.

"I don't know," Katara mumbles beside her brother, "there's something ominous about that place."

Appa and momo start to grumble and chitter so Sokka uses it to his advantage, "See? Even Appa and momo don't like it here."

"Okay, since everyone feels so strongly about this, bye swamp. Yip yip," Aang continues flying onward but as a loud noise comes from behind us I turn and see a large tornado spinning our way.

"You better throw in an extra yip! We gotta move!" Aang tries to evade the harsh winds but it continued whip around harder and harder.

Sokka yells out while he floats from the saddle. Katara and I grab onto him as Aang joins us in the back and forms a sphere of air to protect us. Appa was sucked into the tornado as the airbender strained to keep us safe, but the ball around us shrunk smaller and smaller until eventually we were all thrown off.

I scream as I splash down tens of feet into the green waters of the ground. I groan while standing and see that at least Katara, Aang, Sokka and I weren't separated.

"Where's Appa and momo?" Aang asked before jumping up the trees to check.

Katara points at her brother, "Sokka, you've got an elbow leech"

"Where!? Where!?" He panics.

I tilt my head, "Where do you think?"

"Why do things keep attaching to me?" He complains while pulling off the slimy worm.

Finally, Aang joined us again. "You couldn't find them?" I ask.

"No, and the tornado, it just disappeared." How weird.

"We better speed things up," Sokka began to slash through vines with a sword.

"Maybe we should be a little nicer to the swamp."

"Aang, these are just plants. Do you want me to say please and thank you as I swing my machete back and forth?"

"Maybe you should listen to Aang," I suggest, "Something about this place feels, alive. I don't  know.. I'm just getting a strange feeling."